Citramon belongs to the group of non-narcotic agents, analgesics. This is a complex medication whose active ingredients are the compound of paracetamol, caffeine and acetylsalicylic acid.
Due to the complex effect of the drug has anti-inflammatory, anesthetic, analgesic, vasodilating effect on the centers of foci of inflammation. Citramon is used to reduce the effects of various low-intensity pains - headaches, toothaches, muscle aches, and occasional spasms.
It is also actively used in cases of fever during influenza. To understand what helps the drug and when it is prescribed, you need to consider its composition and action.
Analgesic antipyretic combined composition.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Citramon cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 11 rubles.
Composition and release form
To date, the number of manufacturers of the drug is growing steadily, and therefore the composition of Citramone will be slightly different. However, the main active substance is not subject to change.
The composition of Citramon "classic" included:
- 0.25 g of acetylsalicylic acid (Acidum acetylsalicylicum);
- 0.17 g phenacetin (Phenacetini);
- 0.027 g of caffeine (Caffeine);
- 0.021 g of citric acid (Citric acid);
- and 0.014 g cocoa.
This composition has now ceased to exist, and Phenacetin add banned, as it can cause serious complications and side effects. Most often, the composition of the combined drug now includes the main three components:
- aspirin (Acidum acetylsalicylicum);
- paracetamol (Paracetamoli);
- and caffeine (Caffeine).
Different Types of Citramone
Depending on the manufacturer of the company, Citramon is a different composition and name. Today released the following varieties:
- Citramon II - contains aspirin, caffeine and paracetamol. The use of Citramone P is contraindicated in persons younger than 14 years. The dosage for adults is 1 to 2 tablets three times a day. There must be a gap between receptions (at least 6 hours).
- Citramon Forte - contains besides aspirin, caffeine and paracetamol, as well as citric acid. Auxiliary components: cocoa, potato starch, magnesium stearate. The addition of citric acid in the drug is not accidental, it stabilizes cellular respiration at the biochemical level. Citramon Forte is prescribed to persons of 14 years and above, the dosage is 1-2 tablets up to three times a day.
- Citramon Darnitsa - the most popular among the rest. Aspirin, paracetamol, caffeine, citric acid are a part. Auxiliary components: starch, cocoa, calcium stearate and polyvinylpyrrolidone. Rules of application do not differ from previous drugs.
- Citramon Ultra - consists of acetylsalicylic acid, paracetamol and caffeine. Available in the form of capsules, 1-2 capsules are prescribed up to a maximum of four times a day. The daily dose should not exceed eight capsules.
Citramon is a combination drug and its therapeutic effect is due to the properties of the active ingredients that make up it:
- Paracetamol has antipyretic and analgesic properties, as well as a moderate anti-inflammatory effect.
- Acetylsalicylic acid has inherent antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties, also this substance relieves pain caused by inflammation and reduces blood clotting, thereby stimulating blood circulation in the inflammation.
- Caffeine produces a stimulating effect on the central nervous system and stimulates the work of the psychomotor centers of the central nervous system. It increases the lumen of the blood vessels and reduces the feeling of drowsiness and fatigue. Caffeine is also known for its stimulating effects, which it produces on physical and mental activity. It has caffeine and a mild analgesic effect.
Does citramon increase or decrease pressure?
This question is often asked by patients. Due to the caffeine content, which stimulates the central nervous system, which increases tone and pressure, pressure may also increase from taking Citramone, even though it is contained in small doses. Moreover, you should be careful if you drink tea, cocoa or coffee and take Citramon - there is a risk of an overdose of caffeine. If you have low blood pressure and a headache, then in the absence of contraindications you can take a Citramone pill, which will relieve pain and increase the pressure somewhat.
Indications for use
These are mainly moderate and moderate pains of various locations:
- pain during menstruation;
- pains in the joints and muscles;
- increased body temperature with influenza, colds and rheumatic diseases.
Citramon is unlikely to cope with severe pain, therefore, in more complex cases, agents with these effects are recommended to a greater extent.
Citramon for headache
Headache is one of the most effective remedies that is usually found in a first aid kit. The combination of its components provide a fairly quick action - the elimination of pain, increased mental alertness and efficiency. It copes with pain of various etiologies, including migraines. Not being a narcotic drug, does not cause addiction and dependence.
It is undesirable to mix Citramone with other headache medications - such questions should be discussed with your doctor.
- hemophilia and other blood coagulation disorders;
- surgeries that are accompanied by heavy bleeding;
- simultaneous administration of methotrexate in an amount of more than 15 mg per week;
- sleep disturbance, increased nervous irritability;
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation;
- erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) in the acute phase;
- a peptic ulcer in the anamnesis;
- hypoprothrombinemia, hemorrhagic diathesis;
- portal hypertension;
- avitaminosis K;
- chronic heart failure III and IV functional class according to the classification of the New York Heart Association (NYHA);
- arterial hypertension (III degree);
- incomplete or complete combination of bronchial asthma, recurrent polyposis of the paranasal sinuses and nose, as well as intolerance to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), for example, ASA;
- severe hepatic and / or renal failure;
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- age up to 18 years (with febrile syndrome) or up to 15 years (with pain syndrome);
- hypersensitivity to the components of Citramone P.
The drug is prescribed with caution in the following cases:
- chronic heart failure (NYHA class I and II);
- epilepsy, a tendency to convulsive seizures;
- simultaneous administration of methotrexate in an amount of less than 15 mg per week, as well as glucocorticosteroids, NSAIDs, antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors;
- moderate and mild renal and / or liver failure;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- coronary heart disease;
- cerebrovascular diseases;
- peripheral arterial disease;
- elderly age.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy (I and III trimesters) and during breastfeeding the drug is contraindicated. In the II trimester of pregnancy, the drug should be used with caution, relating the expected benefits to the mother and the potential risk to the fetus.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use tablets Citramon intended for oral administration, preferably after a meal. The average therapeutic dosage for adults and adolescents older than 15 years is 1-3 tablets 2-3 times a day, depending on the severity of pain or fever.
The maximum daily dosage should not exceed 6 tablets. The drug is not intended for a long course of therapy, the maximum duration of taking tablets e should not exceed 5 days.
Side Effects of Citramone:
- increased blood pressure, arrhythmia, tachycardia;
- aggravation of heart failure, its manifestation is hidden flowing forms (with prolonged use);
- dizziness, insomnia, agitation, anxiety, headache, tinnitus, hearing and vision impairment, aseptic meningitis;
- gastralgia, anorexia, nausea, the formation of erosions and ulcers on the lining of the alimentary canal, stomach and intestinal bleeding;
- liver failure;
- hypersensitivity reactions (including the development of symptoms of the Fernand-Vidal triad);
- interstitial nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, necrotic papillitis, with prolonged use - renal failure;
- anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia;
- acute fatty hepatosis, toxic hepatitis, acute hepatic encephalopathy (Ray's syndrome);
- development of tolerance and weak psychological dependence (with long-term intake of high doses of the drug);
- drug headache after discontinuation of Citramone (if the drug has been used for a long time).
In animal experiments, the teratogenic effect of the drug on the fetus was also proven.
Symptoms of overdose
Symptoms of overdose include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, epigastric pain. In severe cases, drowsiness, lethargy, loss of consciousness, convulsions, bronchospasm, bleeding, shortness of breath.
If such signs appear, you should immediately seek medical help.
Treatment includes gastric lavage, enterosorbents, saline laxative. Shows forced alkaline diuresis, alkalizing agents, measures to restore the BCC and acid-base balance.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- In patients with a predisposition to the accumulation of uric acid, taking the drug can trigger an attack of gout.
- During the reception should refrain from alcohol (increased risk of gastrointestinal bleeding and toxic liver damage).
- Acetylsalicylic acid slows down blood clotting. If the patient is to undergo a surgical intervention, the doctor should be warned about taking the drug.
- With prolonged use of the drug requires monitoring of peripheral blood and the functional state of the liver.
- Patients with hypersensitivity or asthma-like reactions to salicylic acid and its derivatives, including acetylsalicylic acid, can be prescribed only with the observance of special precautions (in the conditions of emergency services).
- Acetylsalicylic acid has a teratogenic effect; when applied in the first trimester leads to malformations - splitting of the upper palate; in trimester III - to the inhibition of labor activity (inhibition of Pg synthesis), to the closure of the arterial duct in the fetus, which causes hyperplasia of the pulmonary vessels and hypertension in the vessels of the pulmonary circulation. It is excreted in breast milk, which increases the risk of bleeding in a child due to dysfunction of platelets.
Children under 15 years old can not prescribe drugs containing acetylsalicylic acid, because in the case of a viral infection, they can increase the risk of Reye's syndrome. Symptoms of Reye’s syndrome are prolonged vomiting, acute encephalopathy, and enlarged liver.
Compatibility with other drugs
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Caffeine accelerates the absorption of ergotamine.
- At the same time taking the drug and alcohol-containing liquids increases the risk of toxic liver damage.
- Enhances the action of heparin, indirect anticoagulants, reserpine, steroid hormones and hypoglycemic drugs.
- Barbiturates, rifampicin, salicylamide, antiepileptic drugs and other stimulants of microsomal oxidation contribute to the formation of toxic paracetamol metabolites that affect liver function.
- Simultaneous use with other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, methotrexate increases the risk of side effects.
- Reduces the effectiveness of spironolactone, furosemide, antihypertensive drugs, as well as anti-gout drugs that promote the excretion of uric acid.
- Metoclopramide accelerates the absorption of paracetamol. Under the influence of paracetamol T1 / 2 chloramphenicol is increased 5 times. With repeated use of paracetamol can enhance the effect of anticoagulants (dicoumarin derivatives).
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Citramon P:
- Sasha. Citramon - a miracle pill. I get help from almost everything. It seems that the aliens came up with ... Even the records on the event do. And from stress. And from a headache. And from pain in the joints. I drink two pills at once. About once every two weeks.
- Tatyana. The effectiveness of tsitramona tested by time. I use it all the time: if a headache hurts, a tooth aches or the temperature suddenly rises. These pills, though attached a whole list of side effects, but in fact they never appeared. The drug is really unique and versatile, but the main thing is very cheap.
- Margarita. With menstruation, headache attacks me, my stomach hurts terribly, and no pills other than Citramone help. This is a really good medicine, it removes all the symptoms of dysmenorrhea in just a few minutes. The instruction is clear, the main thing is to strictly observe the dosage, not to exceed the course of treatment, then there are no side effects.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Kofitsil plus;
- Migrenol Extra;
- Citramon Borimed;
- Citramon II;
- Citramon Ultra;
- Citramon LekT;
- Citramon MFP;
- Citramon Forte;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of tablets Citramon is 4 years. They must be stored in the whole package, in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at an air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.