Digran ST is a combined antibacterial drug, combining in its composition two antimicrobial agents - ciprofloxacin and tinidazole.
The drug is effective against strains of microorganisms that have acquired resistance to other antibiotics, including sulfonamides, nitrofurans. Due to its high efficiency and wide spectrum of action, Tsifran ST is used in the treatment of mixed infections (amebic and bacterial nature of the disease, a combination of anaerobic and aerobic flora, etc.).
The active substances are well absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. The maximum concentrations (Сmax) of each component are reached within 1-2 hours.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Combined preparation with bactericidal, antibacterial action of a wide spectrum.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Digran CT in pharmacies? The average price is at 350 rubles.
Composition and release form
Dosage form of release Tsifran ST - coated tablets: tablets of 250 mg + 300 mg - yellow, oval; tablets forte 500 mg + 600 mg - yellow, oval, on one side with a dividing line (in a cardboard bundle 1, 2 or 10 blisters of 10 pcs. each).
Active substances in the composition of 1 tablet:
- Ciprofloxacin - 250 or 500 mg (as hydrochloride monohydrate);
- tinidazole BP - 300 or 600 mg.
- core: sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous colloidal silicon, magnesium stearate;
- components of the outer layer of granules: sodium starch glycolate, purified talc, sodium lauryl sulfate, microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous colloidal silicon, magnesium stearate;
- casing: yellow opadry, purified water.
It is a combination antibiotic. The properties of Digital CT determine two main components: tinidazole and ciprofloxacin.
The first is to work against anaerobes. They all contribute to the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria in an oxygen-free environment, for example, in the abdominal cavity, in the lungs.
Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic. Effective in combating a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative aerobic bacteria, such as E. coli, Klebsiella - the causative agent of pneumonia, typhoid fever and other varieties of salmonella. Proteus mirabilis, proteus , Legionella and Koch's wand are also susceptible to ciprofloxacin.
Due to the action of its two main components, it works well in the treatment of mixed infections, the causative agents of which are the above bacteria. Effective in the treatment of gastrointestinal infections (diarrhea, dysentery, etc.).
Both active substances undergo absorption in the gastrointestinal tract. At the most in a couple of hours, their ultimate concentration in the blood begins. The half-life of tinidazole lasts up to 14 hours. It actively passes into the cerebrospinal fluid in a volume equivalent to its content in the blood, after which the process of reabsorption into the kidneys begins. Exported to bile in a volume less than half the accumulation in the plasma. About a quarter of the total dose comes out with urine. Metabolites are equal to 12% of the accepted portion and are also released through the urinary system. A small part of tinidazole excreted in the feces.
Ciprofloxacin is rapidly absorbed in the body. Approximately 70% of the total bioavailable. If the drug was taken with meals, absorbability slows down by an average of 30%.
Rapidly distributed in a liquid medium and body tissues. Penetrates the organs of the urinary system. Approximately half of the total volume is absorbed by the liver. The rest is excreted in the original form as part of the urine. The rest - with feces. The half-life lasts just over four hours. Elderly patients and patients with renal insufficiency may have more time.
Indications for use
What helps? Digranum CT is used for the purpose of etiotropic therapy, that is, the goal of treatment is the elimination of bacteria and the suppression of the inflammatory process.
Among the list of indications for use are the following states:
- sexually transmitted diseases;
- inflammatory processes in the pelvic cavity of a bacterial nature;
- infectious processes of the digestive system;
- infectious processes occurring in the upper respiratory tract;
- pathologies of the respiratory system, complicated by bacterial infection;
- chronic pathologies of the respiratory sphere in the period of exacerbation;
- bacterial processes in the nasopharynx and other pathologies of ENT organs;
- urinary system pathologies;
- inflammatory processes of the musculoskeletal system.
The drug is often used as a method of preventing the manifestation of infectious complications in the postoperative period.
- combination therapy with tizanidine (associated with the likelihood of marked reduction in blood pressure and the development of severe drowsiness);
- age up to 18 years;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- blood diseases, oppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- organic lesions of the nervous system;
- acute porphyria;
- lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug, as well as other fluoroquinolones and imidazoles.
Relative (Tsitran ST appointed under medical supervision):
- mental illness;
- severe renal / hepatic impairment;
- epilepsy, epileptic syndrome;
- disorders of cerebral circulation;
- tendon lesions during previous therapy with fluoroquinolones;
- pronounced atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels;
- heart disease (myocardial infarction, heart failure, bradycardia);
- congenital long QT syndrome;
- electrolyte imbalance, including hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia;
- combination therapy with drugs that extend the QT interval, including class IA and III antiarrhythmic drugs;
- combination therapy with inhibitors of CYP4501A2 isoenzymes, including theophylline, methylxanthine, caffeine, duloxetine, clozapine;
- elderly age.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Digital CT is strictly contraindicated for pregnant women. If necessary, the appointment of the drug during lactation, breastfeeding should be stopped.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, Cifran CT is taken orally with plenty of water, preferably after meals. Chew, crush or otherwise destroy the tablet should not be.
The recommended adult dose of Tsifran ST:
- 250 mg + 300 mg: 2 times a day, 2 tablets;
- 500 mg + 600 mg: 2 times a day, 1 tablet.
On the background of receiving tablets Tsifran ST, the development of undesirable reactions from various organs and systems is possible:
- Sense organs - impaired vision, taste, smell, tinnitus, hearing loss.
- The urinary system - the appearance of crystals (crystalluria), blood (hematuria) in the urine, a violation of the process of urination of a different nature, as well as a violation of the functional state of the kidneys and the development of inflammation in them.
- The blood system and the red bone marrow - a decrease in the number of leukocytes (leukopenia), platelets (thrombocytopenia), erythrocytes (anemia) per unit volume of blood.
- The digestive system - loss of appetite, dryness and the appearance of "metallic taste" in the mouth, nausea with periodic vomiting, diarrhea, bloating, spastic abdominal pain, jaundice, developing against the background of a violation of bile outflow in the hollow structures of the hepatobiliary system.
- Cardiovascular system - increased heart rate (tachycardia) with a violation of their rhythm (arrhythmia), a decrease in systemic arterial pressure (hypotension), which may be accompanied by syncope.
- Nervous system - headache, recurrent dizziness, fatigue, impaired gait (ataxia) and speech (dysarthria), peripheral nerve damage (peripheral neuropathy), seizures, psychotic reactions, circulatory disorders in the brain of varying severity, migraine may occur less frequently.
- Allergic reactions - a rash on the skin, itching, characteristic changes resembling a nettle burn (nettle rash), severe necrotic skin reactions (Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Lyell's syndrome), marked swelling of the soft tissues of the face and external genitals (angioedema of the Quinckie), severe systemic reaction with a critical decrease in systemic blood pressure and the development of multiple organ failure (anaphylactic shock).
The appearance of signs of the development of negative pathological reactions is the basis for discontinuing the administration of Tsifran CT tablets and seeking medical attention.
Symptoms of overdose
If, after the procedure, vomiting, dizziness, indigestion, renal failure, arrhythmia is present, this is a sure sign of an overdose. The first step is to reduce the amount of the drug contained in the body, making a gastric lavage. You can cause vomiting by pressing your fingers on the root of the tongue.
After these procedures, intestinal sorbents should be taken and symptomatic therapy should be carried out. There is no specific antidote for Digest CT.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- During treatment, it is not recommended to take ethanol (the risk of disulfiram-like reactions against the background of tinidazole, which is part of the drug).
- It is recommended to avoid excessive exposure to sunlight during treatment. In the event of photosensitivity reactions should immediately discontinue use of the drug.
- In order to avoid the development of crystalluria, the recommended daily dose should not be exceeded, sufficient fluid intake and maintenance of acidic urine should also be sufficient. Causes dark staining of urine, which has no clinical significance.
- Patients with epilepsy, history of convulsions, vascular diseases and organic brain damage, due to the threat of adverse reactions from the central nervous system, the drug should be prescribed only for health reasons.
- If severe or prolonged diarrhea occurs during or after treatment, the diagnosis of pseudomembranous colitis should be excluded, which requires immediate discontinuation of the drug and appropriate treatment.
- If there is pain in the tendons or the first signs of tendovaginitis manifest, treatment should be stopped.
- In the process of treatment should monitor the pattern of peripheral blood.
- During treatment, you should refrain from engaging in potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration and psychomotor speed.
When using tinidazole (imidazole derivative), it is possible (rare) to develop generalized urticaria, swelling of the face and larynx, reduction of blood pressure, bronchospasm and dyspnea. Therefore, patients with hypersensitivity to other imidazole derivatives may develop cross-sensitivity to tinidazole; The development of a cross-allergic reaction to ciprofloxacin is also possible in patients with hypersensitivity to other fluoroquinolone derivatives. Should consider the possibility of cross-allergic reactions.
Compatibility with other drugs
Tinidazole has the ability to increase the effectiveness of indirect anticoagulants. Ciprolofloxacin has the ability to reduce the intensity of the process of microsomal oxidation. Provides a decrease in the effectiveness of indirect anticoagulants. In the process of taking the patient’s composition, the prothrombin index decreases. It has the ability to increase the effectiveness of other antimicrobial agents.
At the time of use of cephalosporin, it is necessary to control the dosage of iron-containing drugs. This need is directly related to the ability of iron to reduce the effectiveness of cephalosporin.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used Cifran ST:
- Marina. The dentist prescribed the drug, because after nerve removal, the tooth aches. Said, that, perhaps, podtudila. Although X-rays revealed nothing. Started to drink. Nausea, dizziness, horror in mouth. And increased salivation. All the time I want to eat something to somehow “beat” an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I drink the third day. But not at all, the tooth is whining. I do not know whether I suffer 5 days.
- Galina. Assigned after hysteroscopy. Mind you understand that there are no complications, we must drink, but this is something. The fact that I have a sick gastrointestinal tract - this I know, was examined, but the impression is that digitally CT is beating all over the body. I do not advise you to take it without need, only consult a competent doctor. Hard drug.
- Nastya. I ran into a digital camera for the first time. Feels like after taking metronidazole recalled - the same nausea, stomach ache. The doctor said to suffer. It helps of course well, but I would not like to face him anymore. For myself, I realized that it is better to drink this drug on an empty stomach, otherwise all the food will be in the toilet.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Zindolin 250;
- Digran OD;
- Digran CT;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of tablets Cifran CT is 2 years. They should be stored in the whole original packaging, in a dark, dry, out of the reach of children place at an air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.