Enterol is an antidiarrheal group and is designed to regulate the state of the intestinal microflora.
Lyophilized yeast, passing through the gastrointestinal tract, creates a kind of biological protection for the intestinal microflora, suppressing and inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria and fungal infections, which include Candida albicans, Clostridium difficile, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Clostridium pneumoniae, Staphilococcus aureus, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the,. cholerae, Candida krusei, Ecsherichia coli, Salmonella typhi and many others.
By producing proteases that can break down toxins and enterocyte receptors, Enterol has an anti-toxic effect on the body. Enterol also helps to enhance local immune protection.
An antidiarrheal drug that regulates the balance of intestinal microflora.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Enterol in pharmacies cost? The average price is 330 rubles.
Composition and release form
According to the instructions, Enterol is produced in capsules and teabags (for children) in a dose of 250 mg.
- Medicine in capsules: one capsule contains 250 grams of lyophilized Saccharomyces boulardii. Excipients: lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, gelatin, titanium dioxide.
- Powder: One sachet contains 250 grams of lyophilized Saccharomyces boulardii. Excipients: lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, gelatin, titanium dioxide.
Enterol refers to probiotics, namely, means for normalizing the number and composition of intestinal microflora. Produce this drug from yeast Saccharomyces boulardii. Once in the intestine, these fungi multiply and enter into the struggle for the right to exist on the intestinal walls with pathogenic and some opportunistic pathogens. This causes the antimicrobial effect of the use of Enterol. He successfully fights Candida, Clostridium, Klebsiella, Yersenia, Shigella and Staphylococcus, as well as many other microorganisms that can harm human health, therefore, diseases caused by these microorganisms are indications for the drug.
Another positive effect from the use of Enterol is the neutralization of toxins in the intestine. As a result of the activity of the human body, toxins continuously form, they also arise as a result of the vital activity of bacteria, and the medicine helps to neutralize and safely remove these toxins. Enterol helps to increase the enzymatic activity of the intestine after its use.
When the drug is taken orally during the passage of the digestive tract, it does not change, but colonizes the intestine and leaves it 2-5 days after stopping the drug. Enterol in special capsules or bags for children.
Indications for use
The indication for Enterol is diarrhea of any origin. If a viral, bacterial or traveler's diarrhea occurs, timely taking the drug will help to quickly eliminate the unpleasant symptom and avoid complications.
It is also justified to use Enterol to prevent the appearance of diarrhea, for example, during treatment with antibiotics. Antibiotics destroy the normal intestinal microflora, and the use of medication helps to restore it.
The drug has few contraindications. First, it is individual intolerance to the components of the capsule. In addition, a serious contraindication is the use of venous catheters for the treatment of patients who are prescribed the drug. The fact is that the fungus in this case (especially with a weakened immunity) can settle on the catheter, get into the bloodstream and multiply, causing a serious disease - fungemia.
Enterol in the form of a capsulated form is not recommended for the treatment of children under 6 years of age. In pregnancy, the drug is prescribed with caution. It is also possible, although not recommended to take the drug in children younger than a year. In both cases, you should consult with your doctor.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Despite the lack of research aimed at confirming the negative effect of the drug on the body of a mother or child, during pregnancy Enterol should be taken only in case of a special need and in a strictly prescribed individual dosage. The use of the drug during breastfeeding is possible only after complete cessation throughout the treatment.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use of the Enterol capsule, take 1 hour before a meal and drink a small amount of liquid. For small children, as well as in case of difficulty swallowing, the capsule can be opened and its contents given with cold or lukewarm water. It is not recommended to drink and dilute the drug with hot water and alcoholic beverages.
- Adults and children over 3 1-2 capsules 2 times / day for 7-10 days.
- Children aged 1 to 3 years the drug is prescribed 1 capsule 2 times / day for 5 days.
The drug for the treatment of acute diarrhea must be accompanied by rehydration.
Instructions for powder
Assign 2-8 bags per day for 1 hour before meals. The contents of the bag mixed with water or another drink.
Adults and children aged 3 years and older - 2-4 sachets 2 times / day.
Children from 1 to 3 years old - 1-3 bags 2 times / day.
- For the treatment of acute diarrhea of viral, bacterial or protozoal etiology, the course of treatment is 5-10 days.
- For the prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhea, a day-to-day course of treatment corresponds to the course of antibiotic use.
- For the prevention of recurrence of infection caused by Clostridium difficile, in combination with metronidazole or vancomycin, the treatment is 1 month.
- For the prevention of travelers' diarrhea, the daily treatment course corresponds to the duration of the journey.
- For the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome, the use of the drug should be continued until the symptoms disappear.
- The drug for the treatment of acute diarrhea must be accompanied by rehydration (heavy drinking).
In general, capsules or powder for the preparation of Enterol suspension are well tolerated. Sometimes, against the background of their reception, allergic reactions may develop, as well as feelings of discomfort in the abdomen. Usually such negative reactions pass on their own and do not require discontinuation of the drug.
Symptoms of overdose
Data on overdose of the drug is not currently available.
Do not drink hot and alcoholic beverages.
The sensation of thirst and dry mouth indicates insufficient rehydration of the body.
Do not heat the product mixed in water or other beverage in a microwave oven (microwave oven). Water or drink, if necessary, is heated in a microwave oven, and then add the drug in warm water.
The patient should be informed that in the absence of improvement after 2 days of use of the drug Enterol, as well as with an increase in body temperature, detection of mucus or blood in the feces should consult a doctor.
Compatibility with other drugs
Enterol is not taken in conjunction with antifungal drugs.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used Enterol:
- Olga I have both children with the arrival of the fruit-berry season often have loose stools, which without treatment does not end there. It has long been in such cases began to give Enterol - literally from the first day noticeably improved.
- Nina. I was pulled out by the drug practically in one day, when Enterol + Smekta was very helpful during a rotavirus infection (nausea, vomiting, Panos, terrible weakness) in general was terrible! Believe it or not. He just saved me! The mother of three children advised me, I, too, from lunch till evening thought whether to buy or not. By the night it was decided! Firmly! And he really pulled me out, which for me was like a mana from heaven with two babies ...
- Arthur. He drank antibiotics, purely because of stupidity after a course, got dysbacteriosis - somehow he did not bother with either Linex or yogurt, he thought he would bypass the problem. This was not the case, I safely got rid of the temperature and infection, but in return I acquired a equally nasty problem. From the pot, sorry, did not slazit, at home something more than half the trouble, but what about the work to be? Not very convenient situation. I had to consult a doctor, I was recommended to enterol capsules. You know, very effectively, I did not even expect. Not instant deliverance, of course, but by the evening of the second day the toilet had already ceased to be my family home. And the digestive system returned to normal about three days after getting rid of diarrhea. And, yes, another plus of the drug is the price. All of these anti-diarrheal drugs are not cheap, but Enterola has an affordable price. Just do not take an example from me, be sure to consult with your doctor first, so that you do not grab your head.
Structural analogues of the active substance medicine Enterol does not have.
Analogs for the drug group (agents normalizing the intestinal microflora):
- Bifidumbacterin Forte;
- Bifidumbacterin tablets;
- Good luck;
- Colibacterin dry;
- Crystalline lactulose;
- Proteophage (bacteriophage proteic liquid);
- Flivivin BS;
- Hilak Forte;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Which is better: Enterol or Enterofuril?
A well-known analogue of this drug is Enterofuril. The composition of these drugs is different, but the effect they have is the same. It should be borne in mind that Enterofuril is an antiseptic drug used to treat a wide range of diseases associated with intestinal problems, including infectious diseases. Enterol also restores the intestinal microflora and fights against a narrow circle of bacteria. Therefore, it cannot be said that Enterol and Enterofuril are one and the same.
If the doctor has established a serious infectious disease - you should drink Enterofuril, if you just have diarrhea and indigestion - feel free to drink Enterol. However, consultation with a doctor is still necessary.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The storage temperature of Enterol is from 15 to 25 degrees Celsius. The drug should be in a place protected from access by children. At observance of optimum temperature condition the expiration date of this probiotic is three years.