Enterosgel - enterosorbing drug with detoxification, anti-diarrheal and enveloping action.
Detoxification, as well as sorption properties of the drug due to its ability to excrete endogenous and exogenous toxic elements from the body. These include bacteria, toxins, heavy metal tar, antigens, various poisons, alcohol, food allergens. In addition, Enterosgel is able to absorb certain metabolic products. These products include bilirubin, lipid complexes, excess urea, cholesterol, a number of metabolites that are responsible for the emergence of endogenous toxicosis. Adsorption is carried out from the intestines and blood.
Enterosgel has established itself as a drug that has a regenerating and anti-inflammatory effect on the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines (prevents the development of erosions). The drug is non-toxic and does not affect the absorption of vitamins and trace elements. Enterosgel allowed to appoint children from the first month of life.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Enterosgel cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 400 rubles.
Composition and release form
The sorbent is issued in the form:
- hydrogel for the preparation of suspensions for oral administration;
- pastes for oral administration.
The composition of Enterosgel in the form of a gel is 100% polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate. 100 g of paste contains 70 g of the active substance. As an auxiliary component, the preparation contains purified water (in the amount of 30 g per each 100 g of product). The composition of the paste with a sweet taste also includes sweeteners E954 and E952.
The drug is packaged:
- 135, 270 and 435 g in plastic containers;
- on 90 and 225 in tubes from the combined materials or in plastic cans;
- 15 and 22.5 g in combination packages.
What is better pasta or gel?
If we compare the dosage forms of effectiveness, they are equivalent, and allow to achieve equally good treatment results. However, some people note that pasta (especially sweet) is easier to drink than hydrogel.
The active ingredient is not absorbed into the mucous membrane of the intestinal tract, does not undergo decomposition into metabolites or chemical reactions. The substance is eliminated from the body along with absorbed toxic products 12 hours after ingestion. In combination with auxiliary components, polymethylsiloxane has the following effects on the body:
- Enterosgel absorbs the intestinal microflora, removing toxins, heavy metal salts, metabolic products, allergens, bacteria and antigens in a natural way.
- Eliminates the manifestations of toxicosis, improves the efficiency of the liver and kidneys, normalizes the quality indicators of urine and blood, improves the functioning of all organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The components envelop the gastric mucosa, protecting it from the mechanical and chemical aggressor, food allergens. Promotes the restoration of microflora.
- It starts the processes of regeneration of the protective layer of the intestinal mucosa and stomach, reduces the time of treatment of many diseases.
Indications for use
What helps? Enterosgel is prescribed to adults and children as a detoxification agent for the treatment of the following diseases and conditions:
- Acute poisoning with toxic and potent substances (alkaloids, drugs or alcohol);
- In the complex therapy of purulent-septic diseases, accompanied by intoxication of varying severity;
- Dysbacteriosis after antibiotic treatment;
- Viral hepatitis and chronic renal failure;
- Chronic and acute intoxication of any origin (incorporated by radionuclides, xenobiotics, organic solvents, chemical agents of polytropic action, oil products, salts of heavy metals, fluorides, nitrogen oxides, compounds of lead, arsenic and mercury);
- In the complex treatment of acute intestinal infections (dysbacteriosis, diarrheal syndrome of non-infectious origin, dysentery, salmonellosis, toxicoinfections);
- With various allergic diseases, allergies to drugs and food.
The use of Enterosgel is recommended for prophylactic purposes to employees of hazardous industries, as well as to residents of environmentally unfriendly regions.
Before you start using the drug, you should carefully read the instructions, since there are a number of contraindications to the drug:
- peptic ulcer of the duodenum or stomach in the acute stage;
- morphophysiological disorders in the gastrointestinal tract of various kinds, among them intestinal atony, acute gastric dilatation syndrome, etc .;
- hypersensitivity to the components of Enterosgel and its analogues;
- bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant women can take the drug only as directed by a specialist. Nursing mothers can take Enterosgel as directed by a specialist.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Enterosgel taken orally for 1-2 hours before or after eating or taking other medicines, drinking water.
It is recommended to mix the amount of the drug required in the reception in a glass in a threefold volume of water at room temperature, or to take it inside, drinking water.
- Adults - 15-22.5 g (1-1.5 tablespoons) 3 times / day. Daily dose - 45-67.5 g.
- Children aged 5 to 14 years - 15 g (1 tablespoon) 3 times / day. Daily dose - 45 g.
- Children under 5 years old - 7.5 g (0.5 tablespoon) 3 times / day. Daily dose - 22.5 g
- Breast children are recommended to take 2.5 g (0.5 tsp) of the drug in a triple volume of breast milk or water and give before each feeding - 6 times / day.
For the prevention of chronic intoxication - 22.5 g 2 times / day for 7-10 days every month.
For severe intoxication during the first 3 days, the dose of the drug can be doubled.
The duration of treatment for acute poisoning is 3-5 days, for chronic intoxications and allergic conditions - 2-3 weeks. Repeated course on the recommendation of a doctor.
As a rule, manifestations of side effects from taking the drug are not observed except for rare occurrences of constipation or nausea. There may also be an aversion to the enterosorbent, but only if the patient has a renal or hepatic failure.
Symptoms of overdose
Symptoms of overdose in the practice of doctors have not met, but still doctors recommend to strictly adhere to the prescribed dose of the medicine.
Enterosgel can be used in combination therapy with other drugs, subject to the rules of separation in time of admission - 1-2 hours before or after taking other drugs.
Compatibility with other drugs
With simultaneous use of the drug Enterosgel may decrease the absorption of other drugs.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Enterosgel:
- Albina. Enterosgel removed toxins and wastes from the body, which caused perpetual acne, even acne. After taking a course - the skin has become much cleaner. Periodically spend prophylaxis and drink this enterosorbent.
- Inna The doctor explained to me that the microflora in the intestines of the children is not yet mature, so even some products can break it, not to mention medicines. And when taking Enterosgel, it gently envelops the walls of the gastrointestinal tract and protects the microflora from harmful substances. Therefore, it is prescribed for colds, and for other diseases requiring treatment with pills and other forms of drugs.
- Helena. Cool enterosorbent. I follow that always tube in the first-aid kit home lay. In many situations, it was useful already, including even poisoning (it is very good at removing harmful toxins from the body - the condition improves in the first day or two). Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea - everything went away with him when she was poisoned not so long ago.
- Artem. I accept Enterosgel from psoriasis. It seems to be not typical, but it was suggested that, like any metabolic problem, psoriasis is caused by the accumulation in the body of any non-oxidized rubbish that causes aggravation regardless of the treatment carried out. Therefore, to prolong the remission I take on a tea bed in the morning on an empty stomach. Any allergens and slags are delayed and removed by the drug, but they do not affect the vitamins and minerals, that is, they are freely absorbed and there was no avitaminosis.
Among the structural analogues of the active substance, the drug has only one drug analog: Polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate. However, there is a whole class of other means, similar in mechanism of action with Enterosgel, but used for administration in similar cases:
- Activated carbon;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Enterosgel or Activated Carbon - which is better?
Compared with its predecessor analogue, Enterosgel has several advantages. First, it absorbs only toxins from the body, and activated carbon along with them also takes away the substances necessary for humans - minerals, vitamins, etc.
Such selectivity is due to the fact that the pore sizes of polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate correspond to the size of only those molecules that are harmful to humans. Useful substances cannot be absorbed due to the differences between Enterosgel pore diameter and their size.
Secondly, Enterosgel, in contrast to activated carbon, does not stick to the mucous membrane of the alimentary canal, and, therefore, does not damage it, even after prolonged use.
Enterosgel or Polysorb MP?
The basis of the drug Polysorb MP is highly dispersed silica (silicon dioxide). It is produced in the form of a powder that can be used for external treatment of pustular skin diseases (used in the form of lotions or powders) and the preparation of a suspension for oral administration.
Polysorb MP adsorbs metabolic products, toxic substances, enzymes, antibodies, microbes, certain protein-like substances, and also prevents the growth of the source of necrotic tissue, removes toxic substances from the site of damage, and also increases the ability to restore tissues.
Like Enterosgel, the drug does not injure the mucous membrane of the digestive tract, but unlike Enterosgel it is more often used for external treatment of wounds (including purulent), mastitis, phlegmon, abscesses. Polysorb is well tolerated. Constipation can be its only side effect.
The active substance Polysorb MP today is considered the most effective: if 1 g of activated carbon can be cleaned of toxins from 1.5 to 2 square meters. m intestine, then a similar amount of silicon dioxide helps cleanse approximately 300 square meters. m
Which is better: Enterosgel or Smekta?
Smecta is an aluminum magnesium silicate of natural origin. Like its analogue, it does not injure the epithelium lining the walls of the gastrointestinal tract, but it can provoke constipation and - with prolonged use - interfere with the absorption of nutrients and lead to vitamin deficiencies.
Smectu take 9-12 g / day., Dividing the dose into 3 or 4 doses.
Shelf life and storage conditions
When storing the drug, it must be protected from sunlight, keep away from children. Storage temperature should not exceed 25 degrees. After opening the jar with the drug, it must be used within 3 months.