Ergoferon is a homeopathic medicine with an immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effect. This drug is effective against various viruses due to the activation of nonspecific immunity.
Its efficacy and safety has been confirmed in a number of clinical trials. So, it was proved that the drug reduces the duration of symptoms of fever and intoxication of the body by 1.9 times, the duration of respiratory symptoms - 2 times in comparison with persons taking a placebo.
The presence of anti-inflammatory and antihistamine components in the action makes it promising to be used in pediatric practice in children suffering from allergic diseases. Analysis of the results of clinical studies of Erhoferon suggests that the drug is comparable to oseltamivir (Tamiflu) in terms of the evidence base in terms of efficacy and safety.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Antiviral drug. Antihistamine.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Ergoferon in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 370 rubles.
Composition and release form
- pills for resorption: from almost white to white, flat-cylindrical, with a chamfer, ERGOFERON is inscribed on one of the sides, separating risk and MATERIA MEDICA are inscribed on the other side (20 pieces in blister packs, in a cardboard box 1, 2 or 5 packs);
- solution for oral administration: a transparent, almost colorless or colorless liquid (100 ml each in a glass bottle of orange color with a dropper, in a carton box one bottle).
Both the solution and the Ergoferon tablets contain the same active substances:
- Antibodies to gamma-interferon affinity purified - 0.12 g per 100 ml of solution or 0.006 g per tablet;
- Antibodies to histamine affinity purified - 0.12 g per 100 ml of solution or 0.006 g per tablet;
- Antibodies to CD4 affinity purified - 0.12 g per 100 ml of solution or 0.006 g per tablet.
Each of the active components of the drug performs its specific function.
Antibodies to human gamma interferon - increase the severity of interferon action (gamma, as well as alpha and beta). Interleukins (2, 4, 10) reported with them also increase. At the same time, natural gamma interferons also begin to be intensively produced. The expression of histocompatibility cytocomplexes is stimulated, the functional activity of NK cells is improved. Promote the restoration of cytokine status. Regulate the synthesis of immunoglobulins.
Antibodies to histamine. Under their influence, histamine-dependent receptors (peripheral and central) moderately respond to free histamine. And so the tone of smooth muscle tissue in the bronchial tree is reduced. Also decreases the permeability of the capillary walls. This reduces nasal congestion, runny nose, coughing and sneezing. Under their action, the release of histamine (H1) from specific mast cells is reduced. The aggregation of platelets is reduced, the formation of leukotrienes and molecules that promote adhesion is suppressed. The attraction of eosinophils decreases. All these processes reduce the manifestations of allergies.
Antibodies to CD4 increase the activity of CD4 lymphocytes and their functional abilities. This is due to the regulation of receptor activity on the surface of these lymphocytes. As a result, a colony of active lymphocytes is formed, as well as the correct distribution of a subpopulation of lymphocytic leukocytes.
What is better than Ergoferon?
In medical practice, there is no definitive answer to the question “What is better than Ergoferon?”, Since it is impossible to find a remedy that in different situations and in different people turns out in all respects better than another, similar, comparable in quality and spectrum therapeutic effect. Therefore, instead of defining “what is better?”, The doctor uses the term “what is optimal?”.
In this case, the optimal drug means the medicine that is best for a particular person in a particular situation. And for the same person with two different acute respiratory viral infections, completely different medications may be optimal. This state of affairs is due to the individual characteristics of the organism, as well as the uniqueness of each particular disease, when there are a number of factors that never repeat (for example, the state of the nervous system, air humidity and temperature outside, in the apartment, comfort of working and living conditions, and tons .d.)
Therefore, it is impossible to say which drug is better than Ergoferon. Indeed, in each case, different drugs may turn out to be the best, or, on the contrary, there is nothing better than Ergoferon. Because of this, to identify the best drug for yourself, you need to try various medications and choose the best one.
Indications for use
What helps? Ergoferon, regardless of the chosen format, has the same type of evidence. And if you talk about what the immune stimulator helps and what it helps, then this is a developmental warning and / or current therapy:
- influenza (strain A and B);
- SARS, caused by infection with various types of viral agents;
- infectious pathologies provoked by various forms of herpes virus;
- intestinal diseases caused by viral agents in the gastrointestinal tract;
- meningitis provoked by meningococci or enteroviruses;
- tick-borne encephalitis;
- hemorrhagic fever, aggravated by impaired renal system;
- bacterial diseases and their likely negative effects.
The use of Erhoferon is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to its components.
Caution should be prescribed the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- tablets: congenital galactosemia or lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- solution: hereditary fructose intolerance, age up to 3 years.
The solution must be taken with caution in patients with diabetes.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
During the period of gestation, the intake of any drug can have a very negative effect on the development of the unborn child. Ergoferon treatment during pregnancy has not been studied in pregnant women. However, it is not recommended to prescribe the drug according to the instructions for use Ergoferon.
Use of the drug in the treatment of flu and colds should be prescribed only by a doctor who correctly assesses all possible risks to the fetus and benefits to the expectant mother. Also not recommended intake of the drug during lactation. If necessary, it is required to abandon the use of Ergoferon in the treatment of the disease.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Erhoferon taken orally, not during the meal. The tablet should be kept in the mouth, without swallowing, until completely dissolved.
When prescribing the drug young children (from 6 months to 3 years) It is recommended to dissolve the tablet in a small amount (1 tablespoon) of boiled water at room temperature.
On the 1st day of treatment take 8 tab. according to the following scheme: 1 tab. every 30 minutes in the first 2 hours (only 5 tab. for 2 hours), then during the same day take 1 more tab. 3 times at regular intervals. On the 2nd day and then take 1 tab. 3 times / day until complete recovery.
For the prevention of viral infectious diseases - 1-2 tablets / day. The recommended duration of the prophylactic course is determined individually and can be 1-6 months.
If necessary, the drug can be combined with other antiviral and symptomatic agents.
The solution is taken orally, swallowing not immediately, but holding it for a while in the mouth, this will ensure the maximum effect of the drug. Reception of solution should not be combined with food intake.
Recommended dosing of Ergoferon:
- acute infections: during the first days of the scheme - 5 ml (1 tsp) 4 times every 0.5 hours, then 5 ml every 7 hours (3 times). From the second day onwards, the treatment is continued at a dose of 5 ml 3 times a day. Use the solution should be to complete recovery;
- prevention of viral infectious diseases: 5-10 ml per day, the duration of the course is determined by the doctor individually, it can be from 30 to 180 days.
It is necessary to begin treatment of an acute infection from the moment of its first symptoms.
Admission Ergoferon may cause the development of hypersensitivity reactions.
Symptoms of overdose
In case of an accidental overdose with tablets or a solution of Ergoferon, dyspepsia (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) may occur due to the excipients in the preparation. In case of overdose, symptomatic remedies should be used, eliminating the manifestations of dyspepsia (with diarrhea - Loperamide, with nausea and vomiting - Zeercal).
The preparation includes lactose monohydrate, and therefore it is not recommended to administer it to patients with congenital galactosemia, glucose or malabsorption malabsorption syndrome or galactose, or in congenital lactase deficiency.
Compatibility with other drugs
To date, no incompatibilities with other drugs have been reported.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Ergoferon:
- Helena. I have three small children. Year, three and four years. We are cheering on the chain, one in the garden will pick up and then everything will follow. It was more difficult with the younger one, did not know what to treat. But the doctor advised us “Ergoferon”, it is possible for prevention, but most importantly, it is possible for children from 6 months. Now we accept the whole family as soon as one person forgives.
- Margarita. The past cold often took Ergoferon. Appointed by the doctor according to the scheme, which is specified in the instructions. The drug produces a powerful antiviral effect. Already on the third day of treatment, the symptoms of a cold decrease, and you begin to feel much easier. I advise you to use this drug in the treatment of viral infections and influenza. Effectively helps to cope with the disease.
- Karina. I had to try this drug on my child. Sickly SARS, snot, cough, fever began to rise. In that year, we had pneumonia, and when we start coughing, I'm afraid that it wouldn’t go back to her. To be honest, I do not trust immunomodulators, I try to treat in the old fashioned way. Just looking, my son (4 years old) is not getting any better; 3 days have already gone. In the evening I bought “Ergoferon”, began to give according to the scheme, there are improvements. At night, of course, still strongly coughing and snot flowed like a river, and on the morning noticeably felt better. Maybe this is the power of self-suggestion, maybe because we rarely use this kind of drugs, but it really helped us.
Reviews of doctors about Erhoferon in almost all cases are positive, due to a number of reasons. First, the drug speeds up recovery and facilitates the course of ARVI in many sick children and adults, that is, it is effective and suitable for a wide range of patients. Secondly, Erhoferon practically does not cause side effects, which is also a significant advantage of the drug in the eyes of doctors. Thirdly, Erhoferon is a homeopathic and, therefore, safe drug that is suitable for both adults and children. And even if the medicine is ineffective in a particular case, it will not bring harm, which is very important in the case of treatment of young children.
However, there are negative reviews of doctors about Ergoferon, which are mainly due to two reasons. Firstly, some doctors, in principle, negatively relate to homeopathic preparations, even not wanting to evaluate their effectiveness on the basis of personal observations of the patients' condition. This opinion is based on the fact that, according to statistics, the effectiveness of homeopathic remedies is about 30%, which is comparable with the placebo effect. On this basis, it is believed that homeopathic remedies are a “dummy”, and their effectiveness has not been proven. Doctors who adhere to such a point of view, in principle, consider Ergoferon a "dummy", and do not even try to evaluate its effectiveness on the basis of their own observations.
Secondly, a number of doctors believe that the use of stimulants for the production of interferons, including Ergoferon, is negative in the long term, although there is a short-term effect on these drugs. So, doctors believe that, under the influence of stimulators of interferon production, the body itself stops launching the mechanism of synthesis of these substances, waiting for a kind of “outward” push in the form of a pill. As a result, with each subsequent cold, a person will have to take drugs that induce the production of interferons, since the body itself will begin to produce these substances very late, when the disease "flares up" in full force. As a result, if you regularly take inductors of interferon production, then during the period of acute respiratory viral infection, when for some reason such drugs are not used, the person will become extremely ill and long-term. Own interferons will be produced slowly and not in time, without receiving a stimulus from the outside in the form of a pill. Therefore, doctors believe that taking Ergoferon, of course, helps with the current acute respiratory viral infection, but it makes it worse for the next cold, which sooner or later will develop in any person.
There is no complete analogue of Erhoferon for the active substance in the domestic market. But if necessary, you can pick up a substitute, providing an identical therapeutic effect.
A list of similar therapeutic agents includes:
- Echinacea and others.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Ergoferon or Kagocel - what to choose?
Both drugs have an immunomodulatory and antiviral effect, and also contribute to the production of interferon. However, Ergoferon is a homeopathic remedy, and Kagocel is not. Therefore, Ergoferon is effective only when used in the initial stages of the disease, and if you start taking it on days 2–4 of SARS, it will be useless. Kagocel, unlike Ergoferon, is effective at any stage of the disease.
Therefore, if the disease is already “inflamed” in full force, it is better to use Kagocel. If ORVI is just beginning, then it is better to use Ergoferon.
In addition, Erhoferon is approved for use for children from six months, and Kagocel is only six years old. Therefore, if you need to treat a child under 6 years old, you need to choose Ergoferon. Also Ergoferon rarely causes allergic reactions, and Kagocel is much more likely. Therefore, people who are prone to allergic reactions, better suited Ergoferon.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Keep the drug must be out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 24 degrees. The shelf life of the product is 3 years.