Erespal is a drug belonging to the group of H1-antihistamines. It has an antihistamine, antispasmodic, and anti-inflammatory effect.
Anti-inflammatory and anti-bronchoconstrictor activity of fenspiride is due to a decrease in the production of a number of biologically active substances (cytokines (especially TNFα), arachidonic acid derivatives, free radicals) that play an important role in the development of inflammation and bronchospasm.
Inhibition of arachidonic acid metabolism with fenspiride is potentiated by the blockade of histamine H1 receptors, since Histamine stimulates arachidonic acid metabolism, the formation of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Fenspiride blocks α-adrenoreceptors, stimulation of which is accompanied by an increase in the secretion of bronchial glands.
Thus, fenspirid reduces the effect of a number of factors that contribute to the hypersecretion of pro-inflammatory factors, the development of inflammation and bronchial obstruction. Fenspirid also has a spasmolytic effect.
Anti-inflammatory, anti-bronchoconstrictor drug.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Erespal syrup cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 300 rubles.
Composition and release form
The drug is available in two varieties: syrup and tablets.
- Erespal syrup is a child form of the drug, it is released in dark glass vials of 150 ml. The drug has a pleasant orange color, viscous consistency, smell and taste of honey. 1 ml of syrup contains 2 mg of active substance fenspiride and a number of auxiliary components (extracts of rose, orange, licorice root, vanilla, rum, honey). The bottles are additionally packed in cardboard boxes, each of which has an insert with instructions.
- Erespal tablets 80 mg - round, smooth, with protuberances on the sides, in a film cover. They are packaged in blisters, 15 pucks each. Two blisters (30 tablets) and a detailed summary of the preparation, describing its properties and recommended use, are included in the package.
The active ingredient of the drug is fenspiride hydrochloride. In addition to this substance, which has a direct therapeutic effect, the preparation contains auxiliary components that contribute to a more rapid absorption of the drug, and, accordingly, a more rapid therapeutic effect.
The anti-inflammatory effect of the drug is based on the activity of fenspiride, which is part of it. This component reduces the production of certain biologically active substances, mainly free radicals and cytokines, which are directly involved in the development of inflammation and bronchospasm.
Fenspirid also helps block alpha-adrenergic receptors, the activation of which increases the secretion of bronchial glands.
Thus, the main active ingredient of the drug prevents the development of inflammation and bronchial obstruction, and also contributes to antispasmodic activity.
Indications for use
The following are the main indications for use of this drug in children:
- bronchitis in various stages of development;
- asthmatic conditions (during complex therapy);
- hoarse voice and cough that bothers the child with flu or measles;
- infectious diseases of the respiratory organs, which are accompanied by cough;
- otitis, sinusitis.
According to the instructions Erespal does not apply:
- under the age of 2 years (syrup);
- under the age of 18 (tablets);
- in the presence of hypersensitivity of the patient to the main substance of the drug and its other components.
Erespal syrup due to the presence of sucrose in it is carefully prescribed to people with diabetes, glucose / galactose malabsorption syndrome, fructose intolerance, sucrase / isomaltase deficiency.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Erespal during pregnancy and lactation is not recommended due to the limited clinical safety data for these categories of people. However, therapy with Erespal and its counterparts during gestation is not a reason for abortion.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Erespal syrup is taken orally, before meals. Shake syrup before use.
Adults and teenagers the drug is prescribed in 3-6 tablespoons or 3-6 measuring cups filled to 15 ml, which corresponds to 45-90 ml / day. The daily dose can be divided into several doses (from 3 to 6).
Children from 2 years the drug is prescribed at the rate of 4 mg / kg body weight / day. Children weighing up to 10 kg - 2-4 teaspoons or 2-4 measuring cups filled to 5 ml, which corresponds to 10-20 ml / day, can be added to a bottle with food. Children weighing more than 10 kg - 2-4 tablespoons or 2-4 cups filled to 15 ml, which corresponds to 30-60 ml / day. The daily dose can be divided into several doses (from 2 to 4).
- 1 tablespoon or 1 measuring cup, filled to 15 ml (15 ml of syrup), contains 30 mg of fenspiride hydrochloride and 9 g of sucrose.
- 1 teaspoon or 1 measuring cup filled to 5 ml (5 ml of syrup) contains 10 mg of fenspiride hydrochloride and 3 g of sucrose.
The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor.
Against the background of the use of syrup Erespal may develop negative reactions from various organs and systems:
- Nervous system - drowsiness, intermittent dizziness.
- The digestive system - nausea, pain in the stomach, less likely to develop vomiting and diarrhea (diarrhea).
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue - redness, less rash, itchy skin, necrotic dermatitis with the death of a significant number of skin cells.
- Cardiovascular system - a moderate increase in the frequency of heart contractions (tachycardia), a decrease in the level of systemic arterial pressure, the appearance of an unpleasant sensation of heartbeat.
If there are signs of the development of negative reactions in the presence of Erespal syrup, you should consult a medical specialist.
Symptoms of overdose
When taking syrup or tablets in a dose of more than 2320 mg - immediately contact a medical institution. Symptoms: agitation or drowsiness, lethargy, nausea and vomiting, tachycardia with an accelerated sinus rhythm.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- The preparation contains parabens (parahydroxybenzoates), as a result of which the intake of this drug may provoke the development of allergic reactions, including deferred.
- When prescribing the drug to patients with diabetes, it is necessary to consider that Erespal syrup contains sucrose (1 teaspoon or 1 measuring cup filled to 5 ml syrup - 3 g sucrose = 0.3 XE; 1 tablespoon or 1 measuring cup filled to 15 ml syrup - 9 g sucrose = 0.9 XE).
Studies on the effect of the drug Erespal on the ability to drive vehicles and work with mechanisms were not conducted. Patients should be aware of the possible development of drowsiness when taking the drug Erespal, especially at the beginning of therapy or when combined with alcohol, and should be careful when driving vehicles and when performing work that requires a high speed psychomotor reactions.
Compatibility with other drugs
Special studies on the interaction of fenspiride with other drugs have been conducted.
Due to the possible increase in the sedative effect when taking histamine H1 receptor blockers, the use of the drug Erespal syrup in combination with drugs that have a sedative effect, or together with alcohol is not recommended.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used Erespal:
- Raisa Nuclear drug. After taking one pill, my condition worsened. There was a weakness in the legs, lethargy, a wonderful head, a pulse rose at night and in the morning too, and besides, nightmares dreamed all night. Today again called a doctor. Do not buy this nuclear drug.
- Anya. Great medicine. It helps with inflammatory diseases of the throat, and with prolonged coughing too. The child is 3 years old, we have been using for 2 years with ARVI and laryngotracheitis. And in the hospital, by the way, he was also prescribed for bronchitis. Of course, it is necessary to take not three days, but a full course, as prescribed by a doctor.
- Zinaida Appointed from tracheobronchitis (whistle, wheezing, exhausting cough). Saw 10 days 1t3 times. Everything vanished. Yes, heartbeat (asparkam under the tongue), stomach ache - oatmeal. Since this cough is very tortured and it is impossible to sleep from wheezing. Dyspnea was not even go out. I choose eraspal!
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Fenspirida hydrochloride.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Which is better: Erespal or Lasolvan?
Only a doctor should prescribe a drug for treating an adult or a child. Erespal more effectively reduces inflammation, and Lasolvan contributes to the dilution and discharge of sputum. That is, Lasolvan is used with a wet cough. Often, patients are also interested in whether Erespal and Lasolvan can be taken at the same time. Compatibility of these drugs is acceptable. However, it is only the doctor who can appoint Lasolvan and Erespal together, as it requires adherence to a special regimen for taking these drugs.
Which is better: Erespal or Ascoril?
The drug Ascoril is composed of three active substances at once - salbutamol, bromhexin, guaifenesin. It acts on the body as bronholikik, mucolytic. Erespal and Ascoril are simultaneously appointed, only by a doctor according to indications. The patient also cannot answer independently what is better - Erespal or Askolril, since the diagnosis and the patient’s individual characteristics must be taken into account.
Questions about combining Erespal with other cough medicine come to people very often. For example, is it possible to take Erespal and Flyuditek together? Is the cough treated in such a way that Erespal and ACC can be used together in the same treatment regimen? Despite the fact that there are no strict guidelines on the incompatibility of these drugs, it is impossible to combine any cough remedies on your own, without consulting your doctor.
Thus, before answering which cough to take a particular drug, it is necessary to carefully study the abstract and consult a doctor. When a cough is prescribed and drunk a certain syrup or pill depends on its active substance and action on the body.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of syrup for children Erespal is 3 years. It should be stored in its original packaging, dark, dry, out of the reach of children at a temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.