Ersefuril is an antiseptic used to treat intestinal disorders.
Available in the form of hard gelatin capsules and suspensions for oral administration. The effect of Ersefuril depends on the dosage. In smaller doses, the effect is bacteriostatic, and in higher doses - bactericidal.
This drug is well tolerated by the body and has a minimal range of side effects. Therefore, it is used to treat both adult patients and children as young as one month. The drug is intended for internal use.
Intestinal antiseptic. Antidiarrheal drug.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Ersefuril in pharmacies? The average price is at 450 rubles.
Composition and release form
Intestinal antiseptic is available in the following versions:
- Capsules Ersefuril - solid, gelatin, inside of which is a yellow powder. Each capsule contains 200 mg of nifuroxazide and a number of auxiliary components.
- Capsules of 14 pieces are packaged in blisters, which in turn are packed in carton. In a pack there can be 1 or 2 blisters with capsules together with the enclosed instructions to the preparation.
- Ersefuril suspension (4%) is a homogeneous liquid with a pleasant banana smell. One measuring spoon (5 ml) contains 200 mg of the active substance. Available in 90ml glass bottles.
The therapeutic effect of Ersefuril according to the instructions consists in blocking the activity of the enzyme dehydrogenases - substances that ensure the implementation of reactions of fat, carbohydrate metabolism and oxidation in a microbial cell. Nifuroxazide inhibits the tricarboxylic acid cycle, respiratory chains, destroys the membrane and prevents the implementation of a number of biochemical processes in cells that are "culprits" of intestinal infection.
The action of Ersefuril also consists in enhancing the patient's immunity, increasing the complement titer and phagocytosis - the process by which the cells that are hostile to our body are absorbed by special microorganisms (phagocytes). The use of Ersefuril in therapeutic doses provides the bacteriostatic effect of the drug, in higher doses - bactericidal.
The drug is effective against gram-positive (Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, Clostridium) and gram-negative (Salmonella, Escherichia coli, Shigella, Enterobacter, Klebsiela, Vibrio cholerae) microorganisms.
In the responses to Ersefuril, there is no negative effect of the drug on the intestinal saprophytic flora involved in the formation of immunity - that is, the use of the drug does not cause dysbacteriosis.
The resistance of bacterial strains to the drug, according to medical research, does not develop. When an organism is infected with enterotropic viruses, Ersefuril prevents the appearance of bacterial superinfection.
According to reviews, Ersefuril is used for acute bacterial diarrhea, effectively restoring the eubiosis (balance) of the intestinal flora.
Indications for use
The drug is prescribed for the acute course of diarrhea caused by bacteria, without a sharp deterioration in health, an increase in body temperature, fever. Before use it is necessary to clarify the absence of invasion (infection with worms). If the diarrhea turns out to be infectious in nature with symptoms that signal invasion, antibiotic therapy is required.
To prevent dehydration, if necessary, carry out an event of rehydration of the body, that is, restore normal water-salt metabolism.
The main contraindication is hypersensitivity to excipients or to the main (nifuroksazidu) in the preparation. Before use, you must carefully review the composition of Ersefuril to identify possible prohibited components. Particular attention should be paid to fructose, which is not tolerated by the body by a certain category of people.
Contraindications are pregnancy, age less than 6 years and worm infestations.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
At the moment there is no scientific information about the possible consequences of the use of the drug during pregnancy. For this reason, the appointment of Ersefuril is possible only under the strict supervision of a physician in the short-term form. If there are no safer analogues, the drug is prescribed in cases where the disease has a progressive stage and there is a risk for the expectant mother. In this case, the recommended use of funds to save the life of a woman.
During lactation, the active substance can get into the body of a child, since it tends to penetrate into breast milk. If possible, you should abandon the drug, or reduce the dose to the minimum quantities.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Ersefuril ingested.
- Adults appoint 200 mg (1 caps.) 4 times / day (the interval between doses of 6 hours); children aged 6 to 18 years - 200 mg (1 capsule) 3-4 times / day (the interval between doses of 6-8 hours); children aged 3 to 6 years prescribed 200 mg (1 caps.) 3 times / day (the interval between doses of 8 hours).
- The duration of treatment is 5-7 days, but not more than 7 days. If during the first 3 days of admission improvement has not come, the patient should consult a doctor.
The drug should be used only according to the method of use and in those doses that are specified in the instructions. If necessary, before using the drug, the patient should consult a doctor.
Taking the medication may cause an increase in the symptoms of dehydration accompanying intestinal infections, so it is important to take enough fluids during treatment.
Ersefuril is well tolerated by patients and rarely provokes side effects. Manifestations such as rash on the type of urticaria can be observed in individuals with a tendency to allergic reactions. In very rare cases (in case of intolerance of the active substance) the development of dangerous states is possible - anaphylactic shock or angioedema.
Symptoms of overdose
Cases of overdose Ersefuril were not described. However, in the case of the use of medication in a dosage that is excessively above the recommended one, the side effects may be aggravated. Symptomatic treatment is used in such situations.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- Alcohol use during therapy with nifuroxazide is prohibited.
- If you develop symptoms of hypersensitivity (shortness of breath, skin rash, pruritus), you should stop taking the drug.
- Instructions for patients with diabetes mellitus: one single dose (1 capsule) of Ersefuril contains 72 mg of sucrose, which corresponds to 0.00072 XE. The maximum daily dose (4 caps.) Contains 288 mg of sucrose, which corresponds to 0.0288 XE.
In the treatment of diarrhea, rehydration therapy should be carried out simultaneously with nifuroxazide therapy. In the case of bacterial diarrhea with signs of systemic damage (worsening of the general condition, fever, symptoms of intoxication or infection), the patient should consult a doctor to decide on the use of systemic antibacterial drugs.
Compatibility with other drugs
If the patient is taking other medications (including non-prescription), before using the drug Ersefuril should consult with your doctor.
Not recommended simultaneous use with drugs that cause the development of disulfiram-like reactions, drugs that inhibit the function of the central nervous system.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Ersefuril:
- Michael. I was prescribed these capsules for intestinal upset. The drug helped partially, diarrhea, abdominal pain, but nausea increased, the temperature quickly rose, urticaria formed. Two days later, the drug was canceled and Enterofuril was prescribed. A day after its first use, I felt much better.
- Claudia. I have tried many different remedies for diarrhea in my entire life. One of the most effective and safe, in my opinion, is Ersefuril. There are other good ones. But today I keep this drug in the first-aid kit. In traveling, too, do not forget to take it with you, it can always come in handy. And for the child recently bought a suspension, a positive thing - the absence of an unpleasant taste. There are no problems with medication and dysbacteriosis then do not need to be treated.
- Alexey. I went to the sea last summer, caught intestinal flu. There were no drugs with me, I bought Activated carbon at the pharmacy, but it practically did not help. A neighbor gave me several capsules of Ersefuril, vomiting, diarrhea stopped a few hours after taking it, and the next morning I was able to eat normally. Three days later, the symptoms disappeared completely.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Ersefuril or Enterofuril - which is better?
Medicines Ersefuril and Enterofuril are two similar drugs that possess some of the same characteristics. They are a broad spectrum antiseptic, have a detrimental effect on pathogens. One of the advantages of Enterofuril is the possibility of its use in children under three years old, this is due to the fact that the drug is available in the form of a suspension, which makes it easier to choose the dosage.
Ersefuril, by contrast, is available in capsules that are more suitable for adult patients. Based on the advantage in a more convenient form for release and dosage, it can be concluded that Enterofuril is more functional. Other factors, comparative characteristics (purity of the active substance, contraindications, possibility of overdose, price) of these medicines have no significant differences.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Ersefuril should be stored in a dry place out of reach of children and protected from direct sunlight. Storage temperature - room.
The drug remains valid for 5 years from the date of its release. Use of the drug after the specified period is unacceptable.