Espumizan Baby designed specifically for newborns to relieve colic, manifestations of excessive flatulence.
Espumisan baby is manufactured by the German pharmaceutical company Berlin-Chemie. The action of Espumizan baby is based on the properties of its main component - simethicone. Gases formed in the intestine, have the form of a plurality of bubbles or foam. That is why there is a feeling of bloating, distention inside the tummy.
Simethicone reduces the force of surface tension of the bubbles, as a result of which they collapse. The gas released from the bubbles is excreted naturally. The process itself occurs very quickly - within 10-30 minutes after taking the drug. Therefore, the child soon ceases to feel discomfort.
The means reducing flatulence.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Espumizan Baby in pharmacies? The average price is 420 rubles.
Composition and release form
As part of Espumizana, the main "fighter" with gases in the intestines is simethicone. It is he who slows down the process of gas formation and destroys existing gases. The active substance is excreted from the intestine without being absorbed - the drug is absolutely safe for newborns. Additional substances included in the composition include: polysorbate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium saccharinate, carmellose sodium, colloidal silicon dioxide, sodium cyclamate, banana flavor and water.
As you can see, there is no sugar and lactose in Espumizan, which means that it is suitable for children with elevated blood glucose levels, as well as to babies with lactase deficiency.
Today, the drug can be purchased in 2 types. The method of application will depend on the form of release of the drug:
- drops Espumizan L (30 ml);
- emulsion (or syrup) Espumizan baby (30 and 50 ml).
How is Espumizan L different from Espumizan Baby?
For newborns, this treating agent should be in every family medicine chest, especially with pronounced symptoms of intestinal colic, increased gas generation, flatulence, abdominal distension. The use of Espumisan L is also appropriate for this category of patients, but there are certain differences between medications, and parents, after a careful study of them, can make a choice in favor of the favorite. So:
Espumizan Baby contains 100 mg of simethicone in 25 drops, whereas in Espumizan L only 40 mg of the active ingredient is present in the same volume.
The first medication can be used for 4 weeks after opening the bottle, the second - within 6 months, but more.
Baby Espumizan for newborns costs the patient up to 500 rubles, while the cost of Espumizan L varies 300-400 rubles.
Espumizan baby is aimed at reducing the amount of gas in the digestive tract. The main active substance has surface-active properties and reduces the surface tension at the interface between the liquid and the gas. This component thus leads to the confluence of gas bubbles and the destruction of foam in the intestinal cavity. As a result, the gas is released and absorbed into the bloodstream, or is eliminated naturally.
The use of Espumizana baby for diagnostic purposes eliminates inaccuracies that may occur due to the presence of small gas bubbles.
The main component of simethicone is not absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and acts only in the lumen. The component is excreted by the intestine unchanged.
Indications for use
According to reviews of doctors, Espumizan Baby for newborns reduces gas formation, it is necessary to eliminate colic.
Other indications for use are bloating, heartburn, gastrointestinal disorders, and functional dyspepsia. In order to reduce the number of gas bubbles in the stomach, the specified medical preparation in the form of an emulsion is taken orally. Espumisan should not be perceived as a classic probiotic, since it does not affect the composition of the microflora, it does not fight pathogenic microorganisms.
Contraindications to the reception Espumizan baby is very few. Among them, only 3 factors that prohibit the use of the drug:
- hereditary intolerance to fructose;
- intestinal obstruction;
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug and a tendency to allergic reactions.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
The use of drops is allowed during gestation and breastfeeding.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use drops Espumizan Baby intended for oral administration. They are taken with food or immediately after it is taken. Counting drops is carried out using a special plastic cap-pipette, which is part of the bottle. The dosage and regimen of the drug depends on the age of the child:
- Newborn babies up to the 1st year - 5-10 drops are put into a feeding bottle (they can be given to a baby just before breastfeeding, by adding it to a teaspoon).
- Age from 1 year to 6 years - 10 drops 3-5 times a day.
- Age from 6 to 14 years - 10-20 drops 3-5 times a day.
- Age from 14 years - 20 drops 5 times a day.
In case of poisoning with detergents, the dosage is increased to 1-4 ml once. If necessary, the dosage, mode and duration of use of the drug is determined by the doctor individually.
Since the active ingredient of the drug does not leave the limits of the gastrointestinal tract, the side effects of its administration were not observed.
In very rare cases, individual intolerance to the drug was observed. Most often, it manifests itself in the form of an allergic reaction (rash and itching). In this case, take the drug longer is not worth it.
Symptoms of overdose
Since the active component of drops of Espumized Baby is not absorbed into the systemic circulation, no overdose cases have been reported to date.
When persisting colic and / or excessive gas formation in infants after prolonged use of Espumisan baby, you should consult a doctor. A medical examination may be required to diagnose the causes of the child’s ill health.
For children with hereditary fructose intolerance, the use of Espumisan baby drops is contraindicated, since the drug contains liquid sorbitol (sorbitol).
Patients with diabetes should consider the content of 0.199 g of sorbitol in 1 ml (25 drops) of the emulsion, which is equivalent to 0.017 XE (bread unit).
Compatibility with other drugs
Not established clinically significant interaction Espumizana baby when combined with other drugs.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Espumizan Baby:
- Ilona I have given this child medicine to the eldest child for more than a year at a problem with digestion, it helps a lot and acts softly. Drops to taste banana, so drink them very nice. So the son never from such portion of Espumizana does not refuse. The swelling passes in a quarter of an hour, the mood rises, the child ceases to be capricious.
- Marina. Baby Espumizan in the form of a banana emulsion gave both their children. They flatly refused to drink from a measuring spoon, they had to be added to a bottle of milk and mixed well. A single dose of 8 ml of the drug, and after a few minutes of colic, as was not the case. This is a very effective medicine, although the pharmacy is not so cheap.
- Dasha. The day after the maternity hospital, a nurse came to us and told us to immediately buy “Espumizan” baby colic for newborns. Nothing else advised. The price, of course, impressed me. For a tiny bubble, about 400 rubles. They really helped my son. White thick suspension with a banana taste, my baby came to taste. It is not clear how you can drip into the cap and then give the child (as in advertising). I only dripped in a spoon with 10 drops. And then, the newborn is very uncomfortable to give. Although I heard somewhere that you can give up to 25 drops and nothing terrible will happen. This drug came up to us and helped.
In most cases, parents speak positively about Espumizan, confirming that it helps to cope with colic. In addition, mothers note that babies almost always tolerate the drug well without any adverse reactions. Nevertheless, there are also reviews in which parents state the ineffectiveness of the remedy, since this drug does not help some babies.
Other drugs with the same action and the same main component are:
- Sub simplex;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
What is better than Plantex or Espumizan for newborns?
These are drugs with different active ingredients. Plantex is a granule for making tea, contains an extract of fennel fruit. It has a carminative effect (prevents the formation of gases) improves digestion, eliminates spasms. It can be given to newborns from 2 weeks of life as a drink. Diluted tea does not change its properties during the day. The drug contains lactose, so tea should not be given to children with lactase deficiency. Pediatricians note that children are often allergic to the drug. This is also reported by parents in their responses.
What better baby Espumizan? First of all, that is physiologically inert, not absorbed, does not contain lactose. It can be used for a long time without fear of habituation and the appearance of any side effects. I
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of Espumized Baby is 3 years. The drug should be stored in a dark, protected from light, out of reach of children at air temperature not higher than + 30 ° C.