Succinic acid (sodium succinate, butanedic acid) is a key biochemical molecule.
Nature uses it for energy metabolism in plants, human and animal tissue. For many centuries, it has been used as an analgesic and natural antibiotic. Succinates are natural regulators of body processes. The need for them arises with increased loads: both physical and emotional. Acid is unique in that it accumulates only in those areas that need it, bypassing healthy cells and tissues.
The use of succinic acid prevents the development of neoplasms, reduces sugar and neutralizes kidney stones. With varicose veins, butanedic acid eliminates inflammation, restores blood circulation, resulting in the restoration of veins.
It belongs to the group of metabolic drugs and has strong antioxidant, metabolic and antihypoxic properties.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is succinic acid in pharmacies? The average price is 190 rubles.
Composition and release form
Pharmaceutical products containing succinic acid or its compounds, are available in tablets, powders, capsules, solutions.
Auxiliary components: talc, sugar, calcium stearate, ascorbic acid, aerosil, starch (potato).
What is succinic acid?
Succinic acid is a natural compound that is necessary for all living organisms as an active component of organic synthesis. Its largest reserves on Earth are represented by amber known to all. Amber was the starting material for the production of succinic acid. Modern methods of its production are other - from benzene or n-butane, white powder is obtained, consisting of crystals, sour in taste, soluble in water.
The resulting substance is safe and, what is the most valuable, has a positive effect on the human body. In the world around us, succinic acid has been found in coal, tar, berries (unripe grapes and gooseberries), turnips, plants (aloe, hawthorn, alfalfa, sugarcane), sunflower seeds and barley. This acid is present in lactic acid products, cheeses, aged wines, flour products made from rye flour, yeast, seafood, etc.
But these products are not so many, so it is produced by the pharmaceutical industry in various preparations to fill its deficit.
Succinic acid is an antioxidant and immunomodulator. It has a metabolic, antihypoxic and antioxidant effect. The metabolic effect is that the finished substance enters the cells, which is included in the Krebs cycle, during which ATP is produced. This effect allows cells of all organs to get more energy for their needs, and, consequently, work more efficiently and better.
The antihypoxic effect of succinic acid is that it improves tissue respiration, that is, the transfer of oxygen from the blood into the cells and its utilization. The antioxidant effect of “amber” is that it neutralizes free radicals that damage cell structures and lead to their death. In addition, due to the antioxidant effect, succinic acid slows the growth of malignant tumors. Also, succinic acid and its compounds (succinates) possess the properties of adaptogens, that is, improve the general body resistance to negative environmental influences, such as stresses, viruses, bacteria, strong psycho-emotional and physical stress, etc.
Succinic acid has the above effects on the cells of any organs and tissues, without exception, and therefore improves the condition and functioning of the whole organism. However, the most pronounced improvement in the background of receiving succinic acid is noted in the work of the brain and heart, since these organs use the greatest amounts of oxygen and energy. Therefore, succinic acid preparations are successfully used to prevent senile changes in the central nervous system and in the complex therapy of cardiovascular diseases.
The liver under the influence of "amber" quickly neutralizes various toxic substances, so that any intoxication takes place in a short time, including alcohol and nicotine.
In general, we can say that succinic acid has the following effects on the work of various organs and systems:
- Increases efficiency and increases the flow of oxygen to the cells of the nervous system;
- Enhances the therapeutic effects of drugs, so that it is possible to significantly reduce the dosage and duration of treatment of various diseases;
- Suppresses the development and maintenance of the inflammatory process, including the allergic one, due to which it accelerates recovery from chronic diseases;
- Improves nutrition of the brain and heart, creating optimal conditions for their work;
- Accelerates the neutralization of various toxic substances in the liver, so that any intoxication while receiving succinic acid continues much shorter than without it;
- Reduces the risk of developing malignant tumors;
- Reduces the growth rate of tumors;
- Increases the body's resistance to infections, stress and other adverse environmental influences;
- Stimulates insulin production;
- Improves blood microcirculation in peripheral tissues (hands, legs, etc.);
- It has excellent antidepressant properties, helping to relieve irritation, anxiety, fears and negative emotions;
- Suppresses chronic inflammatory processes in the urogenital organs.
Thus, succinic acid is a very useful dietary supplement, contributing to the transition to the optimal mode of operation of all organs and tissues.
Indications for use
The use of succinic acid should be agreed with your doctor. In general, the indications are:
- ARVI, flu, cold (complex forms) - including in children, pregnant women;
- acute bronchitis;
- fibroids, tumors (developmental prevention);
- chronic stress conditions in humans;
- heart disease and other diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- diseases of the reproductive system;
- cancer as an anti-toxic agent;
- hangover, alcoholism;
- taking vitamins, drugs to reduce their toxic effects;
- taking nutritional supplements;
- disease prevention in the elderly.
The drug is forbidden to use for persons with increased sensitivity to the active component - succinic acid. Consumption is banned in the following pathological conditions:
- heart rate malfunctions;
- tendency to allergic reactions;
- stomach ulcers;
- kidney stones and bile ducts;
- arterial hypertension;
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Succinic acid is not recommended for use during pregnancy. If there are indications for taking the drug, it can be taken as prescribed by a doctor in the indicated dosages.
During breastfeeding, the composition can be applied by a woman at a dosage of 1 tablet per day. It is important to control the condition of the child, there is a risk of an allergic reaction, because the active ingredient in some quantities passes into breast milk.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, tablets of succinic acid should be taken after meals with plenty of water. The dosage is calculated individually, taking into account the age of the patient and the nature of the disease. In most cases, the drug is taken in the following dosages:
- children under the age of 5 years - three times a day for half a tablet;
- children aged 5 to 12 years - twice a day, 1 tablet;
- patients older than 18 years - three times a day, 0.5-1 tablet.
The average duration of treatment is 30 days. After the first course of treatment, they take a break and, if necessary, repeat the course of treatment with the drug.
Effects that may occur during the reception of funds:
- hypersecretion of gastric juice;
- increase in blood pressure (only if there is a tendency to this).
Symptoms of overdose
Overdose of succinic acid is impossible.
Compatibility with other drugs
The tool as a whole has good compatibility. Do not combine reception of succinic acid with anxiolytics and barbiturates.
Amber acid for weight loss
The positive effect of the use of succinic acid for weight loss is due primarily to the ability of the substance to cleanse the body of accumulated toxins, activate the function of the digestive system and remove excess water from the body.
Analyzing reviews of nutritionists about the effectiveness of the tool, we can conclude that for weight loss it should be used only as an additional stimulator of metabolic processes. Without correction of the diet and exercise to get rid of reserves of subcutaneous fat will not succeed.
Slimming supplement is recommended to take three-day courses of 3-4 tablets per day. The fourth day is done unloading: they do not drink pills, and they also limit food intake and exercise.
The second option involves daily intake of 1 gram of succinic acid for 30 days. The entire dose is taken at one time before breakfast.
Succinic acid and alcohol
Accepted alcohol in the liver very quickly turns into acetaldehyde. Acceptance of succinic acid accelerates the breakdown of acetaldehyde into less harmful substances for the body, accelerates detoxification and improves overall well-being.
Supplement can be taken:
- before drinking;
- with hangover;
- for the treatment of alcohol withdrawal.
As part of complex therapy may be used for alcoholism. Course application for several months is allowed only on prescription and only after the patient undergoes a comprehensive examination.
Application of Succinic Acid with a Hangover
Many toxicologists tend to consider succinic acid as the No. 1 remedy for hangovers. Influencing the cycle of tricarboxylic acids, which is a key element of the energy metabolism, succinate stimulates it in accordance with the principle of mobile equilibrium and promotes the elimination of oxidized metabolic products.
If drinking alcohol was accompanied by a rich snack, the use of UC is recommended to be supplemented by enema. To remove the hangover syndrome, it is recommended to take one tablet of 0.1 g every 50 minutes. The maximum daily dose is 6 tablets. Higher doses can cause heartburn.
To prevent a hangover about an hour before the planned feast should take 2 tablets supplements. The action develops in half an hour and lasts from 2 to 3 hours.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used succinic acid tablets:
- Svetlana It is an excellent remedy !!! I have all acne, acne and similar to them gone from the face on the 2nd day of taking 3 pieces, my beautiful complexion returned and after 2 weeks the fat from the waist retired !!! And now the main hair does not flow and grow as if they smeared them with turpentine !!!
- Nataliya. My acquaintance with the drug occurred in the years of student life, when I simultaneously studied and worked. Constant lack of sleep and chronic fatigue began to affect health. Mom advised to drink away the course to raise the tone. I read the description on the Internet and bought it. Since then, I constantly use the drug, and my health has improved!
- Oksana. Every autumn I constantly get sick. I bought expensive immunomodulating agents and vitamins, but the effect was zero. This year, I decided to take a chance and drink away the course of succinic acid, because according to the feedback from girlfriends it has an excellent result. What can I say: this fall I not only did not get sick, but also noticed an improvement in the state of my body.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store the tool should be at room temperature not exceeding 25 degrees, out of the reach of children, characterized by the absence of moisture and direct sunlight.
Shelf life - 4 years. Succinic acid is released without a prescription.