Unidox Solutab is a representative of the group of semisynthetic antibiotics-tetracyclines, characterized by a wide spectrum of antimicrobial activity. The Latin name of the drug - Unidox Solutab.
This medicine has a pronounced anti-inflammatory and bacteriostatic clinical effects. Unidox Solutab is used in the field of modern medicine to combat diseases, the occurrence of which is associated with the pathological activity of pathogens that are sensitive to doxycycline.
The most sensitive to Unidox in our time among gram-positive cocci are pneumococcus, most of the enterococci and some groups of staphylococci, of the gram-negative - moraxella and meningococci. Most of the gonococci are insensitive. Doxycycline is active in relation to leptospira, rickettsia, spirochetes, chlamydia, borrelia, mycoplasmas, some protozoa and actinomycetes.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Semisynthetic antibiotic of the tetracycline group of broad-spectrum.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Unidox Soluteb in pharmacies? The average price is at 350 rubles.
Composition and release form
The drug Unidox Solutab comes in the form of dispersible (soluble) biconvex round-shaped tablets. The color may be different shades of yellow. On one side of the tablet, a notch is visible, on the other, “173” is engraved.
- One drug tablet contains 0.1 g of the active ingredient of the doxycycline antibiotic + excipients (MCC, hyprolosis, saccharin, colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, magnesium stearate).
The tablets are packaged in plastic blisters of 10 pieces, one each in a carton.
Unidox is a broad-spectrum semisynthetic tetracycline with bacteriostatic action. The drug can affect pathogens located inside the cell. According to reviews of Unidox, gram-positive (Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Clostridium, Listeria) and Gram-negative (Neisseria, Hemophilus bacillus, Clebsiella, Escherichia coli, Shigella, Enterobacter, Salmonella, Iersinia, Treponema) microorganisms are highly sensitive.
The drug is inactive against fungi and most strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Proteus. The instructions for Unidox indicate that this drug has a longer effect and a higher therapeutic activity than other tetracyclines.
Indications for use
The drug Unidox Solutab is widely used in the treatment of diseases such as:
- STIs (sexually transmitted infections) - gonorrhea, syphilis, sexually transmitted lymphogranuloma, inguinal granuloma;
- chlamydial infections - trachoma, urethritis, cervicitis, psittacosis, prostatitis;
- mycoplasma infections;
- rosacea (rosacea);
- borreliosis - relapsing fever, Lyme disease;
- bacterial zoonotic infections - tularemia, plague, brucellosis, anthrax, leptospirosis;
- lower respiratory tract infections - community-acquired atypical pneumonia, chronic bronchitis in the acute stage;
- gynecological infectious diseases - salpingo-oophoritis, adnexitis, endometritis;
- acute dacryocystitis;
- intestinal infectious diseases - yersiniosis, cholera;
- animal bites complicated by wound infection;
- cat scratch disease;
- prevention of tropical malaria.
- age group of patients up to 8 years;
- pregnancy and the period of the Civil Code;
- acute form of renal and / or liver failure;
- increased susceptibility of the patient to tetracyclines.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant and lactating women are contraindicated in the use of this drug. If necessary, use during the period of HB, should immediately stop feeding the baby with breast milk.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Unidox Solutab preferably taken with meals. The tablets are dissolved in a small amount of water (about 20 ml) to form a suspension. Tablets can also be swallowed whole, divided into parts or chewed, drinking water. Usually the duration of treatment is 5-10 days.
Adults and children over 8 years old with a body weight of more than 50 kg on the first day of treatment, 200 mg per day is prescribed in 1 or 2 doses, on the following days of treatment, 100 mg per day in 1 dose. In the case of severe infections, 200 mg per day is prescribed for the entire period of treatment.
For children aged 8-12 years weighing less than 50 kg the average daily dose is 4 mg / kg on the first day, then 2 mg / kg per day (in 1-2 doses). In cases of severe infections, the drug is prescribed at a dose of 4 mg / kg daily throughout the treatment.
- For acne, 100 mg per day is prescribed, the course of treatment is 6-12 weeks.
- For malaria prophylaxis, 100 mg is prescribed 1 time per day, 1-2 days before the trip, then daily during the trip and for 4 weeks after returning; children over 8 years old - 2 mg / kg once a day.
- For the prevention of travelers' diarrhea, 200 mg on the first day of a trip in 1 or 2 doses, then 100 mg once a day during the entire stay in the region (no more than 3 weeks).
- For infections caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, the duration of treatment is at least 10 days.
- With uncomplicated gonorrhea (with the exception of anorectal infections in men), adults are prescribed 100 mg 2 times a day until they are completely cured (an average of 7 days), or 600 mg are prescribed in one day, 300 mg in 2 doses (second dose 1 h after the first).
- In primary syphilis, 100 mg is prescribed 2 times a day for 14 days, and in secondary syphilis, 100 mg 2 times a day for 28 days.
- For uncomplicated urogenital infections caused by Chlamydia trachomatis, cervicitis, non-gonococcal urethritis caused by Ureaplasma urealiticum, 100 mg are administered 2 times a day for 7 days.
- For the treatment of leptospirosis - 100 mg by mouth 2 for 7 days; for the prevention of leptospirosis, 200 mg once a week during a stay in a disadvantaged area and 200 mg at the end of the trip.
- In order to prevent infections during medical abortion, 100 mg is prescribed 1 hour before and 200 mg after the intervention.
Maximum daily doses for adults - up to 300 mg per day or up to 600 mg per day for 5 days with severe gonococcal infections. For children over 8 years old weighing more than 50 kg - up to 200 mg, for children 8-12 years old with a body weight less than 50 kg - 4 mg / kg daily during the entire treatment.
For renal (QC less than 60 ml / min) and / or liver failure, a decrease in the daily dose of doxycycline is required.
Antibiotic Unidox Solutab is able to adversely affect the body. Instructions to the drug contains information about the development of a number of side effects:
- Liver and kidney damage.
- The occurrence of superinfection (development of candidiasis).
- Long-term antibiotic therapy often causes the onset of dysbiosis and its consequence - hypovitaminosis.
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, expressed in attacks of nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, the development of enterocolitis, diarrhea, pseudomembranous colitis.
- Manifestations of allergic, dermatological reactions (dermatitis, urticaria, photosensitization). In the presence of individual intolerance, taking an antibiotic can trigger Quincke edema.
- Changes in the blood picture (neutropenia, thrombocytopenia).
- The appearance of failures in the activity of the central nervous system (dizziness, vestibular pathologies, headaches, drowsiness, swelling of the optic nerves).
The active ingredient of the drug slows down osteogenesis, negatively affects the development of the teeth of young patients (a negative effect is expressed in an irreversible change in the color of the enamel, congenital malformations of the underdevelopment of bone tissue).
Symptoms of overdose
Symptoms of an overdose with higher doses of Unidox Solutab are:
- bouts of vomiting;
- feeling of dizziness;
- pain in the head.
When signs of intoxication occur, it is necessary to immediately take a sufficient amount of enterosorbents, flush the stomach and start symptomatic treatment.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- Doxycycline solution for on / in the introduction should be used no later than 72 hours after its preparation.
- Doxycycline is used with caution in case of abnormal liver function. In case of impaired renal function, dose adjustment is not required.
- To prevent local irritating action (esophagitis, gastritis, ulceration of the gastrointestinal tract), it is recommended to take in the daytime with a large amount of liquid, food or milk. In connection with the possible development of photosensitization, it is necessary to limit insolation during treatment and for 4-5 days after it.
- Doxycycline is not used in children under 8 years, because tetracyclines (including doxycycline) cause long-term discoloration of the teeth, hypoplasia of the enamel and slowing the longitudinal growth of the bones of the skeleton in this category of patients.
Compatibility with other drugs
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- The simultaneous use of retinol contributes to increased intracranial pressure.
- Doxycycline absorption is reduced by colestiramine and colestipol (observe the interval between taking at least 3 hours).
- In connection with the suppression of intestinal microflora, doxycycline reduces the prothrombin index, which requires dose adjustment of indirect anticoagulants.
- Doxycycline intake reduces the reliability of contraception and increases the incidence of breakthrough bleeding while taking estrogen-containing oral contraceptives.
- Preparations containing metal ions (antacids, preparations containing iron, magnesium, calcium) form inactive chelates with doxycycline, and therefore their simultaneous use should be avoided.
- With simultaneous use with barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin, the concentration of doxycycline in the blood plasma decreases due to the induction of microsomal liver enzymes, which may be the reason for the decrease in its antibacterial action.
- It is necessary to avoid combination with penicillins, cephalosporins, which have a bactericidal effect and which are antagonists of bacteriostatic antibiotics (including doxycycline).
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Unidox Solutab:
- Julia. My dermatologist prescribed Unidox for acne, which I couldn’t get anything out of, neither Klerasil nor hormonal and contraceptive, everything went well, until they finally decided that my comedones are infectious and you just had to drink away the special antibiotics that Unidox turned out to be.
- Valya I was sick of it, especially in the early days, but I was afraid to quit, the antibiotic was all the same. In general, he coped with a sore. I was prescribed it for the treatment of cystitis. The previous time, another antibiotic saw, but apparently he did not act so well, after a couple of months there was a relapse. And after that, for more than a year, cystitis has not returned tt…
- Andrew. The doctor prescribed Unidox with Tiberal a course of 10 days. I only had half a course - 5 days. Headaches, fever, muscles ached like after the gym, weakness. And the worst thing is that his eyes ached wildly from intracranial pressure, even blinking hurt. All these symptoms disappeared only a day after the drug was discontinued. I do not know what the matter is or the combination of drugs is so unfortunate or there is such a reaction to Tiberal (drank it for the first time), but it was impossible to physically complete the full course of such treatment. I used to drink simple doxycycline, no side has ever happened!
The following drugs can be used instead of Unidox Solutab:
- Ksedocin is a German drug that is a complete analogue of the drug Unidox Solutab. The antibiotic is produced in capsules, contraindicated in children younger than 8 years old, patients in position and breastfeeding.
- Doxycycline is a domestic drug that is produced by a number of Russian companies. It is on sale in capsules (allowed for patients over 12 years old, whose weight is more than 45 kg) and a lyophilisate from which an infusion solution is prepared (from 8 years old). Antibiotic is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating.
- Vidoktsin - a domestic drug based on doxycycline, which is produced in a lyophilisate at its dilution, a solution for intravenous administration is obtained. The drug is prohibited for children under 8 years old, pregnant and lactating.
- Minoleksin is a substitute for the drug Unidox Solutab on pharmacological group. An antibiotic is produced in capsules allowed for children over 8 years old, for pregnant patients. At the time of taking the medication is recommended to interrupt breastfeeding.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The drug should be stored in a dry, dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees. It is necessary to limit the access of children to the drug.
Shelf life - 5 years.