Prolonged lack of sleep, even if the "eyes stick together" is a problem that each of us encountered.
Therefore, the question is quite logical: "How to fall asleep quickly?". Insomnia should not always be a reason for going to a doctor - sometimes it is simply necessary to “program” your brain for fast falling asleep.
There are quite a few ways to teach the brain to sleep fast. And they are all very effective, helping to fall asleep in literally 1-5 minutes. first of all, you need to wean yourself from conducting an internal dialogue, even if something extraordinary happened during the day, which you simply cannot stop thinking about.
But it is precisely in this that the essence of most methods of fast falling asleep lies. To fall asleep quickly, you simply need to stop internal disputes. To do this, you can use the following tips on how to do it correctly.
How to deal with insomnia?
Sleep problems are not only the cause of bad mood and drowsiness throughout the day. Prolonged insomnia leads to a significant deterioration in overall health, and can also cause serious disturbances in the work of the cardiovascular and nervous systems, as well as the brain. In view of this, with such a deviation is not only possible, but also extremely necessary to fight.
To fix the problem, you can use drugs or folk remedies. But there is another alternative: you can simply adjust the mode of the day. This approach to the treatment of insomnia is:
- creating comfortable conditions for sleeping and sleeping;
- selection of pleasant, natural bedding (synthetics can prick and "shoot through with current", in such conditions, even with a great desire, it will be extremely problematic to fall asleep);
- listening to pleasant, soothing and relaxing music before going to bed;
- avoiding coffee, tea and other energy drinks before bedtime;
- respecting the normal mode of the day.
You should also abandon the daytime sleep.
Sleep in comfort
Sleep problems can be caused by adverse or uncomfortable conditions for a person. Therefore, first of all, it is necessary to pay close attention to the room where he spends his hours of sleep.
The temperature should not be too low or too high. It is necessary to exclude any drafts in the room.
Ventilate the room before going to bed. With stale air filled with different smells, it will be extremely difficult to fall asleep. You can use the aroma lamp and fill the bedroom with aromas of lavender, mint, orange, chamomile or linden.
Difficulties with falling asleep are often the result of too bright light. In the dark, hormones are produced to promote sleep, so it is better to shut the windows before going to bed, or to purchase a special sleep mask.
If noise prevents you from falling asleep, the earplugs that can be purchased at the pharmacy do a good job with this problem. A good alternative is quiet, relaxing music that has a beneficial effect on the nervous system.
Often uncomfortable posture makes it difficult to sleep. Lie down as you will be as comfortable as possible. To prevent movement during sleep, wear loose pajamas. Although some people feel more comfortable without clothes.
Do not forget to change bed linen regularly. Sweat-soaked sheets and pillows are not very conducive to rapid sleep.
The blanket should not be too hot or cold. The same applies to the entire bedding.
Breathing techniques fast falling asleep
Special breathing techniques will help you to quickly plunge into deep sleep, which will not be difficult to master.
Method number 1
To succeed in fast falling asleep using breathing techniques, they need to be jagged. To start, you need to exercise 2 times a day for 2 months, and then - 8 sets per time for 1 time per month.
- place the tip of the tongue in the sky for the upper teeth;
- with your mouth closed, take a deep breath, slowly counting to 4;
- hold your breath for 7 seconds;
- make a noisy long exhale, slowly counting to 8;
- repeat until tired. Each time the number of approaches will decrease as the body gradually begins to get used to such gymnastics.
This exercise helps to quickly relax and increase the stress resistance of the body.
Method number 2
This is a very simple exercise, the essence of which is to count breaths and exhalations. But you can only count to 10: 1 - inhale, 2 - exhale, 3 - inhale, 4 - exhale, etc. This approach helps a person to distract from their internal problems and fall asleep.
As a rule, it takes no more than 3 cycles 10 times. Breathe should be through the mouth, moderately deep.
It is important to remember about 3 nuances:
- each digit must be literally felt, “passing” it through each inhalation and exhalation;
- need to concentrate on the movements of the chest;
- it is important to fix the attention on the sensation of air.
Focusing on respiratory movements helps not to dwell on what is happening around. This is a very simple exercise that every person can master. In addition, you can perform it anywhere - even at home, even at work.
Method number 3
Relaxing exercise "Beach" is familiar to many people. It requires certain performance skills, having mastered them, you can learn to quickly fall asleep. When there is a feeling that you are overcome by sleep, then you can not continue - you must immediately go to bed.
The technique for doing the exercise is as follows. It is necessary to lie under the blanket so that only the head remains above it. Straighten your arms and legs, imagining that you are on a warm, sunny beach. Try to dive as deeply as possible into thoughts of hot sand, which slowly and gradually covers your hand - from wrist to wrist, elbow, shoulder.
And so the "sand" gradually covers your entire body. You feel peace, relaxation, peace. A light wind blows your face, and all thoughts of worldly things recede into the background. Under the influence of such pleasant thoughts sleep comes much faster.
Method number 4
Take a comfortable, recumbent posture and close your eyes. At equal time intervals, open and close them. Thanks to this “reverse blinking”, the body quickly relaxes, and the brain “shuts down”.
How to relax to fall asleep quickly?
People who do not get enough sleep are constantly in a bad mood, but this is not the main problem. Neurosis and other psychological disorders - only the smallest part of the unpleasant effects of lack of sleep. To avoid this, you must learn to completely relax. Then the problems with falling asleep will disappear.
In order not to suffer from insomnia, try to follow these guidelines:
- Throughout the day, evenly distribute physical activity, alternating them with rest. And remember that just before bedtime you should not play sports. If you still have evening classes on schedule, do exercises a few hours before bedtime.
- Well helps to relax the following exercise. Sit down and close your eyes. Take a deep breath with your nose, and then a slow and deep breath, but in this case, through your mouth. Imagine how all the tension that is inside each cell of your body leaves the body with each breath. During the exercise, try not to think about anything that worries you, as well as about what is happening around you. All your thoughts should be directed inward, you should feel how all the negative energy gradually disappears.
- Try to master the technique of visualization - it also helps to quickly fall asleep. Imagine that you are in a place where you would love to go. Describe it for yourself, visualize even the smallest details. Do not interrupt any other thoughts - and sleep will come pretty quickly.
- If you are worried about something, write down your feelings and doubts on a piece of paper. This approach contributes to relaxation, which, in turn, contributes to a peaceful sleep and deep, healthy sleep.
- Well helps to sleep muscle relaxation technique. First you need to strain every muscle of the body and linger in this position for 5 seconds. At this time it is necessary to breathe deeply and evenly. After this, the body should be as relaxed as possible. Note that you should strain each muscle group in turn.
Pills for insomnia
It is necessary to select medications for insomnia carefully, trying to get a non-addictive remedy. Tablets should only be taken if:
- insomnia lasts longer than 4 weeks;
- insomnia was caused by mental or nervous disorders;
- sleep disturbance occurred against the background of frequent stresses, overwork, mental overstrain;
- problems with falling asleep were caused by psychopathic or neurotic changes.
If insomnia has become a permanent occurrence, you need to contact a therapist, neurologist or psychologist. It all depends on what factors led to its development. The doctor will be able to prescribe an effective means that will contribute to the normalization of sleep.
The following medications based on extracts of medicinal plants help to sleep and relieve psycho-emotional stress:
- Novo Passit;
- Dr. Seleznev "Dream" (tea).
From the category of synthetic hypnotic drugs, doctors often resort to the appointment of:
The combined sedative and hypnotic drugs include:
There are also homeopathic preparations that promote rapid falling asleep:
- Calm down;
Each drug has its own contraindications and side effects, so it’s best if a particular agent is prescribed by a doctor.
General recommendations and prevention
In order to correct insomnia treatment, if necessary, adjust, doctors recommend patients to keep a special sleep diary. He can also help in identifying the cause of insomnia. People who often suffer from problems with falling asleep, it would be nice to master the technique of meditation, or other ways of relaxation.
To prevent problems with falling asleep again, they are recommended:
- develop and consistently comply with sleep and daytime physical activity;
- lead a mobile lifestyle and spend such amount of energy per day, which at the end of the day will ensure a normal process of falling asleep (but moderately, otherwise physical overwork, on the contrary, can cause insomnia);
- Refuse from caffeinated beverages and food in the afternoon;
- no smoking a few hours before bedtime;
- do not sleep in the daytime;
- avoid strong emotional stress before going to bed (this is not only negative, but also excessively violent positive emotions);
- do not use any gadgets to fall asleep as soon as possible (phones, tablets, and even TV, on the contrary, can dispel sleep);
- Do not overstrain the brain before going to bed - mental overwork, equivalent to physical, can lead to insomnia;
- you should only go to bed when drowsiness and fatigue have already made themselves felt. If you do not get overwhelmed by drowsiness for half an hour, you should not get annoyed and nervous - it is better to get out of bed and temporarily occupy your brain with some interesting thing. You can also use special yogic exercises, or engage in meditation, relaxation, breathing exercises for better sleep.
There is a certain category of people who suffer from bouts of fear that they may simply not fall asleep at night. Experts recommend that such patients attend sessions of cognitive psychotherapy. In addition to eliminating problems with falling asleep, such treatment will help prevent depressive states, and will relieve a person from panic attacks associated with the fear of insomnia.
The so-called "limited sleep" method has a good therapeutic effect in insomnia. What is its essence?
If a person normally needs to sleep at least 8-9 hours a day, then according to this method, this time is reduced to 5 hours. At first it will be very difficult to get used to the new regime, so you need to "accustom" the body to it gradually.
During the first week, the person will experience daytime sleepiness, possibly increased appetite. But as the body gets used to the new regime, all the inconveniences associated with this restructuring will disappear, and insomnia will disappear.
Undoubtedly, the use of medications for insomnia gives more stable and stable results. But it is impossible to deal with problems with falling asleep, using sleeping pills or capsules on an ongoing basis.
First of all, because therapy should be aimed at eradicating the cause of insomnia, and not at eliminating it as such, or alleviating its possible consequences. While taking a sleeping pill, a person just falls asleep, but the factors that caused the indisposition do not disappear anywhere, and their effect on the body does not stop.
Therefore, once the drug is taken once again, insomnia will remind you again. For this reason, the use of hypnotic drugs should be resorted to only in those cases if no other methods contribute to a good night’s sleep. In the meantime, all methods of falling asleep, previously discussed, have not been tried, it is better to refuse taking pills.