They say about premature graying of hair if the first bleached hairs appear in a person in 25-30 years.
In this case, by the age of 40, the person has gray hair, which affects most of the hair. Should not cause concern situation when the first gray hair occurs at the age of 30 - 35 years. Moreover, such hairs are hardly noticeable, as they are “lost” in the mass of hair with normal pigmentation.
First of all, graying affects the temporal part and the fringe, and by the age of 50-55 years, a total, evenly distributed, graying of strands appears in a person. It is noteworthy that in people with dark hair, gray hair appears earlier, but spreads more slowly. But for blond hair, gray hairs appear later, but the rest of the hair fades faster.
Why does a man turn gray?
Gray hair is nothing but hair bleaching. Pigments are responsible for the normal shade of hair:
- Eumelanin. This substance gives a dark color to the hair, so its presence is typical for brunettes.
- Feomelanin. This component colors the strands mainly in red color. Less often, it gives a lighter shade, so we can say that it is a pigment of red and blond hair.
Also, both components can be synthesized by hair follicles simultaneously, but in insignificant concentrations. This combination of pigments makes the hair color ashy or light gray.
The production of pigments is carried out by hair follicles, so the process of graying begins with the roots. In men, first of all, the beard turns gray, then the hair on the head, and only then - on other parts of the body.
There are many factors that lead to graying of strands, but the main reason for this process is the lack of melanin and catalase enzyme. The latter is responsible for neutralizing hydrogen peroxide, which is produced by the hair follicle. As a result, peroxide begins to gradually discolor hair, and as a result, they become gray.
Causes of early gray hair
Trichologists note that the hypoactivity of melanocytes is associated with exposure to 5 factors:
- Heredity. If someone from the close relatives of a person is faced with such a problem, it means that he himself falls into the risk group of the appearance of early gray hair.
- Strong stress, nervous tension, emotional turmoil. These factors change the composition of the blood, violate hormones, provoke vascular spasm. All these deviations are quite capable of disrupting the work, and sometimes even cause atrophy of pigment-forming cells.
- Chronic overwork, lack of sleep, physical exhaustion. These factors act on the principle of stressful situations.
- Hard diets that are accompanied by a decrease in the levels of vitamins and other beneficial substances in the blood.
- Pathologies involving metabolic disorders. First of all, it concerns diseases of the liver, PZHZH, blood, thyroid gland, etc. They can cause graying hair in young people.
- Surgical interventions. Another reason - the passage of radiation or chemotherapy, or else, taking other aggressive medicines.
Alas, if the process of graying hair was started, then it is not possible to stop it. But it is quite realistic to suspend, if you go on nutrition enriched with vitamins, and adjust your lifestyle.
What to do with early gray hair?
Melanocytes are cells that, once they die, are no longer restored. Therefore, graying is an irreversible process. But this does not mean that you need to accept the problem, because now the main task is to stop the process of further destruction of melanin cells, and preserve the normal shade of the basis of the mass of hair. This can be done if you follow several important rules:
- Wash your hair with special shampoos to prevent the appearance of gray hair. They can be purchased at a pharmacy or specialty store.
- Take a multivitamin complex. Particular emphasis should be placed on the B vitamins.
- Eliminate the use of pleyos, corrugations and hair dryers. You should not get involved in the chemical perm strands.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. It is recommended to wear hats on sunny days.
- Do not allow the effects of stress on the body. If this, due to certain circumstances, is impossible, then you can resort to taking sedatives.
If a person has a tendency to premature gray hair due to genetic predisposition, then in this case, you can visit the salon for the procedure of masking hair coloring.
Salon procedures are aimed at stimulating blood circulation in the hair follicles. Because of this, they begin to absorb nutrients more actively, which contributes to the intensive development of pigment elements. All manipulations are carried out by courses, because they are, frankly, expensive.
In beauty salons, clients are offered the following manipulations to prevent blooming:
- Vitamin injections, which are officially called mesotherapy. Manipulation is based on the subcutaneous injection of vitamin cocktails. Specific substances, their concentration and frequency of sessions is determined individually. The procedure is practically painless, since the injections are made with an ultrathin needle.
- Ultrasound therapy. Ultrasonic radiation with an individually selected frequency starts the process of active metabolism in the hair roots. In parallel, it helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels. In addition to preventing graying of the hair, ultrasound helps eliminate itching and flaking of the scalp.
- Laser treatment. During the procedure, the integrity of the skin is not disturbed, but at the same time, they are supplied with a sufficient amount of oxygen. As a result, the hair follicles receive the necessary beneficial substances that contribute to the restoration of the hair structure. In parallel with this, the process of dye pigment production is getting under way.
- Darsonvalization. The area of the scalp is affected by high-frequency, but weak pulses of electric current. The pain is completely absent. Darsonvalization not only restores pigmentation, but also eliminates dandruff and prevents hair loss.
Any procedure from the above list has its own contraindications for carrying out, so first you need to undergo an initial consultation with a cosmetologist.
What paints really paint over gray hair?
To disguise gray hair, you need to use only professional paint. Perfectly paint over bleached hairs and blends that are prepared by the master at the hairdresser. There are also special paints for painting gray hair, for example, Estelle or Matrix. For a longer result, you need to add 6% professional oxidant to such cosmetics.
However, such tools are expensive, and they are not suitable for everyone. Therefore, it is often necessary to resort to cheaper natural dyes.
- Mix basma and henna in equal proportions. Dilute the mixture with water to obtain a creamy consistency, and apply on the entire length of the strands. Wait half an hour, then rinse with warm water. This mass gives a dark chestnut hair.
- Mix 2 parts of basma and 1 part henna. Prepare and use such a home paint, which allows to achieve black color strands, you need according to the above scheme.
Men are much easier to cope with the problem of gray hair. It is enough for them to make a short haircut without an emphasis on problem areas. Women with this problem will be suitable multi-layer and asymmetrical haircuts. When styling hair should be placed so that the strands with normal pigmentation were on top of bleached.
Folk remedies help prevent or suspend the process of graying hair. But they cannot return the strands to their original color. Below are recipes that can be used at home, but only if there are no contraindications.
Toss several cloves of garlic, add a few drops of burdock oil to the resulting gruel. The ingredients are thoroughly mixed and rubbed into the hair roots with slow massaging movements. Put a film on top, and wrap a head with a towel. To wash off the remains of structure in 15 minutes. Such procedures should be carried out twice a week.
Burdock root infusion
The tool is used for applications. 2 tbsp. l crushed dry burdock roots and 2 tsp. Dill fruit brew 0.5 liters of boiling water and insist under the lid closed for 3 hours. To rub into clean scalp with massaging movements 2 times a day. Therapeutic manipulations are carried out daily for 3 months.
Wheat germ oil
From this component is prepared mask. 30 ml of wheat germ oil should be mixed with oils of rose, sandalwood and lavender in a dose of 7 drops (for each). Massaging the mixture is rubbed into the scalp, which then need to be wrapped with a towel. The mask is kept for 1 - 2 hours and washed off with shampoo. The procedure is carried out twice a week for 2 to 3 months.
Nutrition and Diet
For the prevention of gray hair, special attention should be paid to nutrition. So, the focus should be on the product enriched:
- chrome: oysters, wheat bread;
- calcium: dairy and fermented milk products, various types of cereals, greens;
- iodine: nuts, persimmon, kelp, sea varieties of fish;
- copper: pumpkin seeds, beans, eggs, almonds;
- iron: buckwheat, kelp, cocoa, apples;
- zinc: egg yolks, mushrooms, oysters, whole grains;
- inositol: bean, meat, melon, kiwi, nuts;
- beta carotene: liver, spinach, carrots;
- ascorbic acid: Brussels sprouts, citrus fruits, bell peppers;
- folic acid (vitamin B9): hazelnuts, liver, wild garlic, spinach, broccoli;
- Other B vitamins: dairy products, pine nuts, lentils, sardines;
- tocopherol - wheat, peanut, spinach, hazelnuts, dried apricots, etc.
The above elements are beneficial to the health of the scalp. In addition, they replenish the vitamin and mineral reserves of the organism as a whole, which will have a beneficial effect on its work.
Does it make sense to pull out gray hair?
Gray hair is not worth pulling for two reasons.
First, it makes no sense: on the site of a plucked hair will grow exactly the same, that is, gray. Secondly, plucking or pulling out can damage the hair follicle, and this is fraught with dermatitis.
Following the simplest rules will help prevent premature graying of hair. If the strands have already begun to lose their shade, then a few simple tips will help prevent the process of bleaching hair with normal pigmentation.
So, in order to prevent the premature appearance of gray hair is necessary:
- get enough sleep, because chronic sleep deprivation and fatigue destroy the body from the inside, and the hair does not stand aside;
- Enrich the daily diet with foods enriched with the previously mentioned vitamins and minerals;
- give up bad habits that literally kill the healthy cells of the body;
- avoid stress, nervous breakdowns, psycho-emotional stress (you need to learn to abstract, to mentally be as far as possible from trivial problems, which usually spent a lot of strength and nerves);
- with a busy schedule, learn how to "turn off" at least once a week;
- with a genetic tendency to gray hair to visit the office of the trichologist once every 6 months;
- annually undergo a comprehensive examination to eliminate disruptions in the body.
Of course, compliance with these rules to completely eliminate the early graying hair can not. However, if you follow these recommendations, this process can be significantly slowed down.